Saturday 8 November 2014

Red Alert

Good morning folks. 
Its Saturday and its time for a new challenge at Fantasy Stampers. This challenge is entitled -

RED ALERT

We would like to see something red on your stamped project. Don't forget it must be stamped, any style is welcome BUT we do not allow digis.
Another week nearer to the festive celebrations so I could go down that route but today I'm sharing a card I made for my dear friend Di whose birthday it was on Wednesday. She has now received it so I can share it with you.


It is a big birthday but it wouldn't be ladylike to shout it abroad so I decided to leave the image free and just add a sentiment phrase as a stopper for my easel card.



Poppies are her favourite flower and very appropriate at this time of year. The Stamp is SU's Pleasant Poppies and the phrase is from a set from LOTV. The poppies were first stamped with Versamark then heat embossed in white before I coloured them with DIs in Weathered Wood, Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Shabby Shutters and Bundled Sage. The background of wheat stalks was watercoloured with  washes of Scattered Straw and Tea Dye.

OK, if you need more inspiration pop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's creations then join us this fortnight.

Penny Black and More - AG
Love Rubberstamps - AG
Creative Inspirations - Easel Card
Allsorts = Poppies/Remembrance Day

Thanks for calling by, come back soon.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely mum. Like you say, perfect for this weekend too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jules this is gorgeous and I bet your friend loved it. Very apt for this time of year too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Julie, as a real Poppy fan love everything about it.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and hop you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Jules - I bet your friend was thrilled. The poppies are gorgeous, and so appropriate for the time of year. Have a great weekend.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back again Julie, I totally missed that you have also linked your beautiful Poppies to Penny Black and More.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, pretty design. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and beautiful stamping Julie. I think this is my favourite from the DT this time round. Cindy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply Gorgeous Thanks for joining us at CI x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome. I love the colors and the stamps. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love image and all embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card and beautiful poppies.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Poppies/Remembrance' challenge this week and Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes' challenge good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty creation. Love the stamping. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More challenge. Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)