Saturday 29 November 2014

Colour Me

Good evening, I hope I find you well.
I've been to the local garden center with Ben and Co to buy a new Christmas tree for their new home, as the old one looks a little lost with the new high ceilings! The place was absolutely packed by the time we got there just after lunch and we were surfing the car park trying to find a spot! Anyway it was a successful trip, so they will be putting it up sometime next week.
So that's partially the reason why I'm only just getting around to posting this card I made last night, the other being it was too dark to take a good photo! I'd been making a table runner for the festive season earlier in the day while there was a hint of daylight!


It's based on the colour choice over at  Colour Me.

Now these are all SU colours and I don't have any so I used DIs of similar colour to create the central panel and border by masking off the areas to be inked. I think I got the blue a bit wrong as when mixed with the pinky red it turned purple and got lost in the grand scheme except around the edges! After blending the inks I stamped the snowflakes in Versafine Onyx Black and adding some teeny tiny sparkles to the centers. I added the sentiment (free with a magazine) to the bottom right corner.
I shall also enter it in at - 


Creative Inspirations - Season's Greetings

Thanks for stopping by, see you back soon.


9 comments:

  1. Wow Jules, that is gorgeous, the colour is sooooo me!! I've not braved town this weekend as I suspected bedlam!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is fantastic. That blended panel is gorgeous against those crisp black snowflakes. Thanks for sharing at Colour Me...!

    Anita x (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for taking the time out to share with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, you did a great job with your masking! I think the colors look great! Hope you got your tree decorated. Thank you for joining us at Colour Me...! this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow jules this is gorgeous, I love the colour and those snowflakes are stunning. thank you for joining us at creative inspirations this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely creation hun! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design and perfect placement of all the elements for a really eye-catching card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)