Tuesday 12 June 2018

Happy 5th Birthday STAMPlorations

Woohoo, STAMPlorations is 5 years old and the STAMPgirls are celebrating the whole month long!
We are each sharing 3 of our favourite makes and asking you to CASE either our choices or the new cards inspired by them.
I had a really difficult time whittling it down to just 3 cards but here they are in date order!


I love this card and on my blog it is one of the cards that still attracts interest. Since it was posted in June 2015 there's been over 4500 visits to the original post. 
This Blooming Buds stamp by Dee is one of my fave sets, the cosmos style flowers go together so well and are a dream to colour, Copics in this instance. The original design was for the sketch challenge, I do love a good sketch, which I've used quite a lot since as it's good to have a good layout in the bank for when the need arises!

My second card from 2016, uses another of my favourite stamps, the big and bold daisies from Bloom Sketches. In fact I think it was the first set I bought way back in 2014 as part of the STAMPclub membership.


For this card I went with a more artsy style, using masking fluid and Brusho/ Infusion ink crystals and a vellum wrap overlay. Again it is the result of a sketch challenge way back in July 2016, told you I liked a sketch!

Finally I've gone with a die cut design, love a good die cut too, and this is another popular card on my blog.


Originating back in  May 2017, it again was based on one of Shery's fab sketches. I combined some bold polka dot paper and citrous yellow highlights with the sentiment Celebrate and just one of the flower dies from Trendy Spring Blooms. The stamped sentiment is from the World Birthday Cakes set.
Now which one do I choose to CASE?

If you are not sure what we mean by CASE, then put simply -
Take inspiration from the layout, colour choices and/or stamps used and put your own spin on it.
I couldn't decide so I went with all three!


For this case I went with the same colour pallette and stamp set and a little bit of the layout (lots of white, a stamped and coloured panel and a strip of colour against the white.
This CASE uses the same Blooming Buds stamps as the original but the wavy edge was the CUTplorations Winter Landscape die, with the trees and house snipped off. The pink mount was the same but I trimmed the stitching off too before colouring it with Copics to match the blooms. The sentiment is from the Balloons and Banners set.

My second CASE went with the artsy element of the original as well as the same Bloom Sketches daisies.


To start I took a panel of  MM paper and stamped my flowers with Weathered wood DI and added some stems. Next, I took a paint brush and with some plain water painted around the flowers a little at a time, adding Sea Green Brusho crystals to the bottom and Prussian Blue to the top before the water dried. You have to add the Brusho before the water dries so that the magic will happen!
When the background was dry, I coloured the daisies using my Zig brushes, keeping two of the daisies soft and looser to suggest distance.
The sentiment was added once the panel was dried and trimmed down, CUTplorations Happy and birthday from the Balloons and Banners set embossed in white on black.

My last CASE uses the same black and white DP but another of the Trendy Spring Blooms dies and a yellow Fabulous word die cut but in a square format, 4 flowers instead of 3.




Just for a change, I went with a square card for this, cutting a panel of DP and then gluing it to a panel of white fun foam of the same size. When dry, I cut the blooms in a random pattern around the edge.
My panel was then attached to my white base card and the die cut flower outlines were replaced and glued in place. I cut some circle of white card a with a circle punch, coloured the centers with Copics and added to the flower centers. I did the same with the fabulous die and added the Hello and You, from Flowers and Frames, on panels of white card.

So here are my fave 3 and their CASES. What will you choose?




So I hope I have inspired you to CASE one of my cards, I'd love it if you did.

Don't forget you can get 20% off at the STAMPlorations shop by using my discount code -



I'd like to share over at:-


Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog 
                                             In the Garden

 Take It, Make It Challenge
 This daisy stamp dates from 2014                                                             

   
                                                 Inspired by the pink flowers and white icing on the cupcake

As You Like It Challenge
My favourite card shape is a simple A6 top fold, it's such an economical use of card, two per A4 sheet and no waste, and it suits my CAS style.

  Please grab our logo
AG


Unless Beechy is allowed instead of beachy, Beech being my surname!

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of cards, must admit the first one often pops up on pinterest and always catches my attention, very stylish. Thank you for popping by my blog and comments. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! I love them all, but the B&W polka
    dots with the pretty flowers die cut are a fave. I'll
    have to try & CASE that one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Julie and I really like the one that you’ve entered in our challenge. The flowers look great in their various shades of red and pink. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloom Sketches! Yes - I must go see if they have that stamp and put it on my wish list [or maybe, just maybe it will be in the Monday sale??? Totally loving your work! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daisies are divine. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg these cards are just stunning - LOVE them all especially the first one with the vellum sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards and
    I love all the beautiful
    flowers!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so pretty, Julie! I love all the florals! I am drawn to the pink ones, old and new. Hoping to CASE one of those! Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your fabulous design ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Julie - these are fabulous! My faves are the ones with the Sketched Blooms, love your use of color in the bg and the yellow flower centers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful array of floral creations, each one unique and lovely in it's own way, thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous gallery of floral creations! I love them all! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! The daisies painting, since that is really what they are, took my breath away! Both competent and utterly beautiful, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! So creative! I have no idea which one is tops as they are all so good! Thanks for joining us at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your cards are so pretty and I love the way you CASED yourself! That blue daisy card is my favorite -- so bright and beautiful 1

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your floral cards!!! Really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always loved your first card in pink & greens, I'm one of those that have taken inspiration from it and CASE'd it back in March 2017! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your floral cards
    are all so lovely
    and creative!
    I love the pink one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many wonderful floral creation, just beautiful!
    Thank you so much for joining our "In the Garden" challenge this month at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Daisies are one of my favorites, Julie, and your remake of the card is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, beautifully colored cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow - these are all absolutely brilliant designs. The one for our Garden challenge at PB & More is just stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply gorgeous cards ... both past and present! You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow they are all fabulous the old and the new, too hard to choose, I think. If I had to say one I would have to go with the white daisies with the green / blue background simply stunning outstanding. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are AMAZING, Julie! I love how you CASEd your own cards! FANTASTIC job! Your daisies (both of them) caught my attention. Would not do it any justice if I try to CASE Them. Love all of these! Very inspiring. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. All your cards are gorgeous. I love how you CASEd the original creations. Great job showcasing STAMPlorations products.

    ReplyDelete
  28. these flowers are fantastic, great design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)