Saturday 17 September 2022

Happy Birthday Alison

Morning, I'm back with another card for my GD stint over at JUGS.
This week we have an autumnal colour scheme for you and here's my take.



I made this for my best friend from school, whisper it quietly but it's been 55 years since we first sat next to one another in class 1G! I can still remember the old fashioned temporary classroom with it's ancient desks in regimented rows and our maths teacher Mrs Hall striding up and down between, teaching us negative numbers!
Anyway, we may be separated by miles, we've both moved around the country and life in general has got in the way over the years, but when she phoned the other day it was just like we were back at school, good friends can just pick up after any length of time apart!
So I decided to make this card as her favourite colour is orange which fits with this weeks colours, just two mad old birds having a giggle, I wont say which of them is me!!
The background panel from my stash, which was from a batch I made awhile ago using some Uniko birthday sentiments. I did try using an orange panel but it didn't quite work, even after the addition of some Vintage Photo DI! The ladies, Ai, were stamped coloured with Copics and fussy cut before adding them to my background. The sentiment, also Ai, was added on a strip of cream card to match the 5 x 7 base card.
So what will you do with the colours, we'd love to see your takes, there's lots of inspiration from the girls over at JUGS.

Joining in over at:-

Favourite Tool, product or embellishment
A difficult one but embellishments are certainly out, then it comes down to either my MISTI or my trusty small scissors. I love to fussy cut but also the MISTI enables you to create backgrounds like this! If push came to shove, I'd plump for scissors, just so versatile. I can never get matching dies to cut accurately so fussy cutting is best and cheaper!!!

13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card for your friend, beautifully coloured image and background design. Thank you for joining us at Passion For Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Julie! The colors worked so well with these crazy ladies! And your coloring is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love the comment "two mad old birds having a giggle"...priceless. Your friend more than deserves this wonderful card! We are so happy to have you over at Just Us Girls! Also... I agree. I love to fussy cut and it is so much cheaper! I actually don't have a Misti! Showing my age as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card and those crazy gals just make me laugh. I bet your friend will love it. Awesome fussy cutting and great background too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These ladies are so fun! Great job with the colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love these old gals having birthday fun, Julie. The coloring is magnificent and what a great job fussy cutting. That's something I would rather not do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card - such a fun image. I agree, it's often so hard to choose our favourite thing in card making. Thanks for joining in my challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and charming! Thanks for playing with us over at Passion for Markers.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guaranteed your best friend loves this card; it's awesome! You certainly made these three colours shine with your fabulous artistry! WOW!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd hazard a guess that you are the one wearing the floral skirt and green boots!! Such a great card and I LOVE the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those sassy ladies! Fabulous card with that soft tone on tone birthday background and amazing coloring on those old birds! Awesome use of this week's colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Julie I looooooooove those classy gals having so much fun and alll dressed up to paint the town. Awesome fussy cutting and such an amazing fabulous make for such a long time friend. She will love it and get a giggle out of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card!!! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)