Friday 14 November 2014

One Layer Christmas

Afternoon folks, thanks for calling round.
I hope you haven't been washed away or snowed in by the extremes of the weather we are having at the moment. Blog friends in central US appear to be freezing or under feet of snow while here the rain continues to fall, well actually as I write the sun has come out so hopefully we are past the worst.
After the hectic Tuesday and a trip to my son's on Wednesday I'm pleased to say that -
a) Chris has gas even if the road and drive look like the Somme battlefield.
b) He has internet after the nice young man from Virgin checked the system out and proclaimed the gasmen hadn't cut him off it was the new box that was more sensitive to the pile of wire spaghetti under our floor than the old one.
c) We have electric after a very dark Tuesday!
So I've been busy catching up on my commenting and only just got around to making this morning.

There is definitely a festive feel around blogland at the moment. As I checked my card stash I realized that a lot of my cards were too thick to post so I better embrace the  OL theme and get some made pronto.

I made this with a few challenges in mind -




Over at Muse Therese's card was the main inspiration. This is her card.


I went with the shape of the tree, and as Therese herself says went with my inner Ardyth with this paired down CAS card.
The triangle from a Sizzix leafy tree set was stamped on black with Versamark then embossed with gold fine detail powder. I was thinking what to do about a pot and/or greeting when I remembered my little Woodware greeting - perfect I think.

I shall  enter the challenges over at -


City Crafter Challenge - CAS Christmas OLC

That's about it, thanks for stopping by, come back soon.

16 comments:

  1. Ooh, how elegant!! Love the black and gold and that's slim enough to post for sure!! Glad normality appears to have resumed for you all!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!! is the word for this one... Love the gold

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!! So very elegant! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inner Ardyth, eh? That must be why I love it so much! lol! So dramatic, rich and elegant! So glad you joined us at Muse this week! Hope to see you at the DT call, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, simple card! I like the metallic look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your tree ! Great card !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, classy, elegant! Yes, it is always good to listen to your "inner Ardyth!" :) So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CAS perfection, love the gold on the dark background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this MUSE and FESTIVE card!!! Glad you are back in the lights!!! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful holiday card, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous card, Julie! Your embossed tree is so striking and so elegant...LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yhis is CAS at its best and gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card!!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sophisticated... makes me want to look for the champagne and flutes for the toast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely design. Very chic!
    ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is abolutely gorgeous! Should have won the Muse challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)