Sunday 16 November 2014

Embossed Ombre

Afternoon folks.
Just sitting here typing, listening to Sounds of the 70's on the radio and generally relaxing after a busy day yesterday. We went over to my daughters and then Nich and I went for a walk around Wilmslow's Artisan market. All I can say is I'm glad we had lunch before we went, as the gorgeous smells coming from the food stalls was mouth watering. There were some very good crafty stalls as well as choccies and cakes. In fact I couldn't resist the #brownie stall, the sour cherry ones were sumptuous, v tasty! Shame the next one isn't until 20th December.
I also bought a few other bits and bobs before we went to look around the rest of the town center. 
Anyway, it was good to see all the family together, as my son popped over to see their new house now they have settled in.

I have been finishing off a card I started a while ago, the idea was in my head but couldn't quite make it work so I left it and came back to it this morning. Here it is -


It was made with the latest challenge at Fusion in mind.


I sort of used both in this design. I started by cutting strips using my MB Tessatina border and mounting then on a piece of white card with low tack tape. I used DI in Peacock Feathers to create the ombre by sponging through the stencil. The panel was then wrapped with a piece of dark turquoise organza ribbon and the vertical panel was a MB Amira Flourish in white. The flower I created using a Sizzix daisy die and copy paper with a pearl brad for the center. A white embossed Congratulations from LOTV was stamped in the bottom right hand corner.

That's about it I suppose as I ought to take the dog out before it gets too dark!
Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon.

6 comments:

  1. Great colours mum.
    It was a lovely day yesterday and I agree, good job we had eaten first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful ombre background Julie - love that pretty bloom and delicate die cut behind it! thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the ombre stencilling, so GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION! Love it when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful in every way!! The Artisan Market sounds lovely, particularly the sour cherry brownies!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your details are amazing, love the flower and the delicate bits behind! Totally captures the picture! Thanks for playing at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beauty, I love the gradient in stenciled BG :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)