Sunday 9 November 2014

SEA

Afternoon all.
I hope I find you well. The weather has just spoilt what was up to 3o'clock a really gorgeous autumnal day by a heavy rain shower. So much rain has fallen these last couple of days that the yard is a boating lake and the soil hubby was moving is so sodden its not worth working with. Still it pales into insignificance with the inconvenience my son is experiencing. His gas supply failed sometime on Thursday and has been without heat or hot water since. Apparently, the old spur from the main to the street has corroded and has to be replaced. I'm just pleased that the boiler sensed the drop in pressure so he knew something was wrong and the leak was discovered in time. Isn't technology great?

Anyway I'm here to share a card for this week's challenge over at CASology. I haven't played over there for a while so was keen to join in but puzzled as to what I could do with the cue word of SEA. 
Then I remembered my Woodware 'Sailing by' stamp set but how to go about it. That was earlier in the week and it was only yesterday while sorting through my dies I came across my MB large circle burst and thought porthole. I've used this versatile die in a couple of different ways before (here and  here) and I'm sure I've seen it used as a frame before but where I've no idea, its age you know! I think it softens the image and is not as stark as a simple circle die.


I coloured the image using Copics then mounted the diecut on pads to frame the image.



Thanks for popping around, see you back soon.

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute image and I LOVE that die, on the wishlist it goes! And don't worry about the 'neet' comment, I've had allsorts before...my friend calls me neetabix! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this is a great image. The size of the mats goes well with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea to use that great die as a frame, it works perfectly with the gorgeous seascape!! Hope the weather isn't too cold where your Son is!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely, mum. Pleased also to see a photo of the fire at Chris' he's up and running again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card Julie! I like that die very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pretty, and sunny ocean scene Julie ... perfect through the "porthole"! :) Great design! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've used the die cut as a frame - it CAS-ifies the scene perfectly! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)