Sunday 30 November 2014

Muse #95

Hi, hope I find you well.
This morning the sun is shining and there is even a little warmth in it. It's such a pleasant change from the grey and foggy days we've been having lately. It makes you feel so much better with a little bit of sunshine!
I've been staring at the MUSE challenge since it went live on Monday. I loved the card that Caroline (@ KISS, this weeks guest Muse) made, but was unsure where to go. Then I remembered a stencil that I hadn't used of birch trees and went from there.


I hunted around in the stash and found a freebie stag stamp from ages ago, but I couldn't find any red card that went with my SU Serene Silhouette fussy cut birds. In the end I stamped a tag with some Versamark, using a stamp I bought after a class I went to ages ago, and embossed in white before inking the tag with the same Versacolour ink as the birds. I rubbed away the ink over the embossing with a baby wipe. I masked off the center of the card and inked the border in DI weathered wood before sticking the tags down. I'm still thinking of the postman and trying to keep the weight and thickness down!

This is Caroline's fab card.




They are also having a DT call over at MUSE. It's sad because it means that one of the DT is leaving namely Therese. She has made some beautiful cards and I will miss her inspiration. At MUSE, if you didn't know, the members vote for their favourite cards each week and they are also going to choose their new DT member the same way. Ardyth has asked interested designers to showcase their best work new or old, so I'm not sure what to do. 
First what is my style and secondly what is my best work? I love using die cuts, but I also love stamping and colouring in both Copics and watercolours.
So for the moment it's an impasse.

Here are three of my favourites.






What do you think? 

Anyway if I don't get a wriggle on I will miss the deadline so nothing ventured, nothing gained so I will toss my hat into the ring and hope for the best!
Thanks for calling around, hope you like the cards.

13 comments:

  1. All your cards are beautiful... well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on my Muse card - it's so gorgeous,
    and I can't believe you fussy cut those birds - they're so tiny!
    Fab selection of cards too - they show how versatile you are as a crafter.
    Good luck with the DT call.
    Thanks for playing along at Muse this week.
    Caroline xxx (Muse Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card Jules, I love the hint of red. As for your others well, what can I say...all brilliant, but the daisy stands out for me!! You go for it Girl, they would be daft not to have you!! Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely set of cards - great designs and techniques on all - good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore your take on the Caroline's card and your fav cards are all stunning. Good luck with the DT X

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty cards - love your backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, Julie! Love the pops of red on your Muse card! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your card at Muse DT call, just wanted to come and tell you how wonderful it is. I love how you cut the front panel on the first one and then used it to cover your circle window. Very clever idea! Then I saw your other cards, I remember your daisy card! Stunning coloring! Good luck to DT call! It would be very fun the get inspired by your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards and good luck with the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your cards are beautiful! your take on the MUSE is perfect! i love the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your cards are stunning Julie and good luck with DT call - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really GORGEOUS cards, Julie! Best of luck with the DT call!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)