Friday, 23 October 2020
Thursday, 22 October 2020
Good afternoon stampers and welcome to day 4 of the celebrations over at STAMPlorations.
Wednesday, 21 October 2020
Tuesday, 20 October 2020
Morning card makers, it's Tuesday so its time for a new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz.
This time our theme is :-
Here's my take on the challenge.
Monday, 19 October 2020
Friday, 16 October 2020
Afternoon and welcome to the fourth challenge at Color Hues.
You are certainly enjoying the colour combinations we've chosen so far and are making it really difficult to chose the winner and top 3! So what will you make of the new colours?
Here is my take on our latest challenge.
I decided to go a little off piste for my inspiration with this large stamp from Creative Endeavours called Fisherman's Wharf. I've used it before here and to be fair this started out as my original attempt for that card but I made a slight error in the stamping so put it to one side. Waste not want not, when I saw the colours for this challenge I thought I could rescue it by trimming off the error!
Using DI in Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge in a watercolour style, I coloured the exposed sand and sky, leaving the buildings completely untouched. The Rusty Hinge gave me a burnt orange for the foreground and the Spiced Marmalade the more yellowy tones for the distant sand. DI allows you to get quite a few different shades of the same ink, it just depends on how much water you add! The sky was mainly Salty Ocean with a little of the darker Blueprint Sketch. The water I laid down above the buildings allowed the colour to puddle and mix randomly to give the sky its texture, whereas I used some sea salt crystals on the damp Rusty Hinge to create the texture. It soaks up the colour and leaves darker patches where you brush it off when fully dry. Don't try to brush it off until the ink is fully dry or the effect will be rather indistinct.
It's quite a masculine scene so I kept the layout pretty simple, using a Crafter's Companion sentiment, stamped in black and mounted on a slightly larger panel of black card and just added the finished panel to an A6 base card on pads.
I also made a card using floral image from Uniko which I've also shared on the Uniko blog. Its totally different from the first card but uses the same colours. I used DIs again and as they are a transparent medium, if you over lay the colours once the bottom layer is dry you get a colour that is a mix of the two. Here the watery Dried Marigold which is a yellowy orange is overlaid with Blueprint Sketch to create a subtle green for the leaves and stems!