Tuesday 18 November 2014

Christmas Stocking

Good morning peeps, hope I find you well.
The weather seems a bit drier today and it seems it will be for most of the week. That will allow the huge pile of soil at the end of the garden to dry out so that Al can move it without the whole garden being a horrible muddy mess!

Before I go on to today's card I would like to do a little happy dance as I got Top 5 at LOTV for their October challenge with my retirement card for Cardz4Guyz. Trying for over a year then two wins in two months, whoop whoop. It's sad that they are stopping their monthly challenges after this month's challenge so I will be sad. Hopefully they have other ideas to encourage the use of their fab stamps.

As it's Tuesday it means another challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This week I'm choosing the winners as it's my choice of theme and I chose -

CHRISTMAS STOCKING

Now you could just include a stocking like I did or perhaps go off piste with what the man in your life or a little boy would want in his stocking. Any way here is my card.


This a new stamp from LOTV, called Pup with Stocking. I used Copics to colour to match the backing paper, always a good idea I think to get your backing paper sorted before you start to colour.
I steered away from traditional Christmas colours and went with a green and pale blue vibe, using NitWits Polar Pals paper with a little bit of silver embossed with a snowflake folder.

I shall enter the following challenges -
I flipped and rotated it 90'
LOTV   Merry Christmas
Without Words - Preparing for Christmas

OK, that's about it for the moment. Pop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's inspiration and get making your Christmas cards!

13 comments:

  1. I spotted your accolade at the weekend, so well done, it was a brilliant card!! This is brilliant too and such a sweet stamp. I'm with you on colouring to match the papers, it saves time and makes sense too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super Julie and I love your take on the sketch x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - this is the cutest Julie. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on another well-deserved win, Jules! Your puppy stocking card is so adorable and your coloring is divine!! I am loving the papers you selected for your layers!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your win, Julie! That puppy image is simply adorable! Love the greens and blues...so pretty! And the silver embossed piece really adds such dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable :) lovely layers !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable image and beautifully coloured, Jules - might need to add this one to my collection! Sorry for my late comments, hun - not been around much this week.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous Christmas creation, Jules! Great colouring and such a cute image! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable - love that image! Your colouring is great too. Thank you for joining in the Sketch Saturday challenge this time.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Sketch Saturday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just how adorable is this, this is such a lovely card fabulous colouring too

    Thank you so much for joining us at Without Words this month, we do hope that you will try to come on over and join the fun next month too.
    Crafty hugs and Kind regards
    Bridget Without Words DT :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card, Julie!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Merry Christmas!' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)