Monday 3 November 2014

Orange Roses

Evening all.
I'm sharing a card I made for the challenge over at FUSION.
Its based on the photo section of the challenge.





I was inspired by the orange roses on the table and took the opportunity to have a play with my Glorious Gardenia die. 
I've been thinking of ways to use this fab die and I know its supposed to be a gardenia but it also looks like a rose to me. I wanted to change the look of the die as I have used it quite a few times since I bought it, so I looked at making it a trio of flowers by cutting a second flower and placing it where the double leaves were originally. I nudged the extra die close to the two other flowers after cutting off the leaves which I placed either side of the extra flower.
I water coloured the flowers and leaves on the panel, not quite as orange as the photo, before sticking the dies over the top and added a bit of splatter and sequins. I added a panel of black spotty paper to one side of the base card before popping up the panel onto pads.

I shall also enter the challenge over at AAA Cards

Thanks for calling by, come back soon.



9 comments:

  1. Oh I love that die! It looks great combined with the watercoloring at the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! Love that die cut and your beautiful background is gorgeous and makes those fab watercoloured blooms really pop...great job xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous water coloring :) Love that rose die cut, Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Julie. Love the die ... will be adding it to my wish list :) So pretty with the soft orange watercolouring. Love the splattered background. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the prettiest flowers! So glad you were able to play along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use a die and make it look so different! Your flowers are a wonderful, soft color with the water coloring. Thanks for joining in with AAA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your interpretation of the challenge, The watercoloured flowers are beautiful and could easily be mistaken for roses! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am completely in love with this wonderful card!! You did a fantastic job!
    -Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exquisite, Julie! Thank you for watercoloring with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)