Sunday 2 November 2014

Muse #91

Afternoon, just, and thanks for calling around.

Warning this post contains an overload of photos!

I saw the latest challenge over at Muse this week and simply had to play along.
This week the Guest Muse, the talented Michele Ferguson,  has asked for not one card but three using one sheet of design paper. Well , that was a bit of an ask as I couldn't choose which paper from my copious stash to use! A little bit of retail therapy even came into the mix, but in the end I decided to use a sheet of paper that came free with a magazine which I squirreled away, too good to use!!! I think its a Do Crafts Forever Friends paper from Simply Cards and Papercrafts.

Here they all are.


Actually it is a set of four as those sharp eyed followers will recognize the same paper in a card I shared on Friday. I was inspired by this card to carry on and create a set. I used my scene dies as the focus for my trio.

Here is a closer look at the three cards




This one uses a new Marianne die I bought when I had a trip to LOTV in Farsley with my good friend Di and a freebie sentiment.



The second is a shaker card made using another freebie sentiment and my Calm Countryside die. I've certainly got my monies worth out of this little die.


Here is a close up of the beads I used.

The last of my trio is based on that Friday design but I used my Country Landscape die and coloured one of the cottages with Copics.


The top was embossed with the snow folder and I stuck a punched circle for the moon together with  a branch die cut. 
I had toyed with using my Chistmas candle die but decided to stick with a landscape theme.

I shall enter these cards in the following challenges

Muse -  #91 A Trio of Cards
Less is More - Non traditional Christmas colours

Thanks for stopping 'til the end!
See you back here sometime soon.

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE the blue white combination!
    Perfect little scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, what a wonderful set of cards! Love the colour combo, and I think, the 1st one with big trees is the best! How did you make white snow on the dark sky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super classy, super stunning and utterly gorgeous trio of cards Julie.
    Great use of non-traditional colours and a super challenge combo.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love lots of photos! Fabulous cards - really striking. I agree with the other ladies - stunning colour combo. Gorgeous. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful. I always wanted to make cards in indigo with black and white - never dreamed that I would get the capability! You've reminded me of my old dream. Love these so much.
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little stars seem to glow off the paper! Perfect choice for this challenge - love the peaceful feel of these! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all completely fabulous Jules, I love them.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Julie, love the dark blue and your fabulous designs, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards - love the white against the dark blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. =] =] =] Jules, that means I'm really, really smiling!!! Wow LOve the navy/white, and wish we were closer as I adore your fabulous dies. And a SHAKER? You've really put my set to shame here! You cannot imagine how happy I am right now... thank you, so very much for playing cards with me!!
    =] Michele - still smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your cards are just fabulous Jules !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous - love the blue and white! So crisp and serene....great use of your dies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the shapes & lines you have incorporated into your trio of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all fantastic. Love the sharp contrast between the deep blue and crisp white that carries through all your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Jules!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all incredibly beautiful, Jules!! Congratulations on the win at MUSE!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards ...... I love your little winter scenes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! Julie, just when you think you've seen it all, along come outstanding creations like these beauties!
    BRAVO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just adore your wonderful trio, so stylish! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  20. You card really caught my eye in the gallery Julie and I'm so glad I popped by - what a fabulous trio of cards! I love the combo of your blue DSP and the crisp white. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous cards Julie! Love your blue and white winter scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry to be so late commenting this week Julie, what a totally brilliant trio of cards, so stylish!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  23. Way behind in my commenting, Julie, but had to drop in and leave a little love! These are simply gorgeous! Fabulous job with the dies and I love the blue and white...perfect for winter scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely cards, I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)