Thursday 20 November 2014

MUSE #94

Afternoon folks, hope you're keeping well.
The afternoon's are getting shorter as the year moves towards Christmas. I needed the lights on in my craftroom before 3pm, but it is a bit misty out there today.
As regular followers may know, I love to take part in a couple of challenges on a regular basis, namely MUSE and Less is More.
This week Less is More want more than one tree on your project and and at MUSE the designer is Marion. So without further ado here is my card.


and here is Marion's card.


I love this built up technique and I've tried it once before but I wanted to have another go.
However a couple of problems-
1. I don't have many large script dies, well one actually and it wasn't appropriate!
2. I don't have a balloon stamp or die

So what to do? I had a bit of a think and decided to go with a Christmas theme and link to the Less is More challenge, hence the trees and use my 'Happy Christmas' die. This posed a further headache as it is an old one that cuts out a sentiment but you can't separate the two words as they are a solid plate die and leaves an imprint of the edge of the die if you are not very careful! Go with the full phrase was the decision. Anyway you can see the result. I used more or less the same colours as Marion and moved the focus to the bottom of the card as befits a tree! 
Here is a close up of the raised sentiment.


I also made one with a smaller tree but left the white embossed 'to you' off and mounted it on a black base card.


If you look carefully you may see a line where the die plate was!

OK, that's about it. Thanks for calling around.

I shall enter the following challenges:-

Less is More - More than one tree
MUSE - #94
STAMPlorations - Stamps and lots of layers ( there are 4 Happy Christmas layers)

18 comments:

  1. Stunning, chic and FABULOUS Jules.
    I really must try and join that Muse challenge.
    What a great CASE card
    thanks so much for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you chose Christmas trees for your card, Julie! The colors are so pretty, and the font on your die cut sentiment is so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea to use those trees. And, I love your built up die cut word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing Jules-love the design and great combo of challenges and take on the Muse card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique, fabulous colours and brilliant design.
    Love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I don't know how you managed to get that sentiment so perfectly camouflaged in there! I love the overlapping and such a great reference to the first image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! What a great take on the Muse card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Julie! Love the design, colours and technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the Muse card - love the colorful trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you adapted this perfectly - inspired by but not the same as.... Perfect! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love how this turned out, Julie! Love the built up sentiment... gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fabulous cards Jules. LOVE the soft colours and patterns on your forest of trees! The raised technique is so cool. Need to give this a try! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous, Julie! Cool patterned trees and beautiful color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super raised sentiment on your trees Jules!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh where to start. I love that die and am so glad to see you used the whole thing. Stacked die cuts are so cool. Then the layers of trees, and all with their own textures. And those lovely soft colors. Great CASE and great card. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very festive! The technique looks complicated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)