Thursday, 1 October 2026

Color Hues #142

 Afternoon folks. It's a new month and a new colour pairing from Color Hues.

This time, despite the weather here telling us to the contrary, we have an autumnal colour duo for you chosen by Stef, here's my take.



I'm a big fan of Ardyth Percy Robb and she has been doing some fab, inspiring videos using freehand pattern making and using stencils to create your own DP recently. 

This card was inspired by this card. I love the way the colours blend with the addition of a spritz of shimmer to create an interesting but still masculine background. I started by choosing a Uniko stencil called Ink n Flip Chevron Duo. It's a two part stencil but I only used one of them to create my chevron pattern. I selected three DIs including Fired Brick for the red and Mustard Seed and Fossilized Amber for the amber and inked up an A3 panel of white card..
To create the pattern you have to flip the stencil over after each inking to create a completed chevron, so the stencil is much more stable than a full zig zag version! This precedure was followed for both colours, the red being used lightly for on pass then a heavier hand for the second. Once the panel was fully inked I spritzed it with some metallic spray that has been in my stash unused for over 20 years so it was a real surprise when it actually worked! 

The panel was die cut with an Avery Elle square die and the central diecut was cut from white with a Greetery die. More Fossilized Amber was used to ink the circle before it was added to my die cut square followed by an white heat embossed sentiment, also Uniko and a few stars punched from gold mirror card with a very old Woodware edge punch were added. All were then added to a 4 1/2" square white note card.

So where will these colours take you? For more inspiration please check out the rest of the girls and our GD here. Looking forward as ever to seeing your makes in our gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)