Thursday 14 August 2014

Gold

Morning all.
My friend Di says I've been quiet in blogland but I have been busy in my craftroom. 
I made a card based on a card I saw on someone's Pinterest board but I cannot find it again as I am not on Pinterest, I just followed a link to a pin of one of my cards and did a bit of browsing. I think it was by a lady called Birgit, so apologies again to her for not being able to locate the exact post and link, just her fantastic blog.
19/10/17 here is the link to a pin of her fab card.
I was aiming to cover a couple of challenges with this card, 



and 

 one layer -foliage



The lay out is the same as the card I saw, but this is just on one layer.
I die cut my MB Fresh Foliage die then used the leftover as a mask to ink the card with Versamark and then heat embossed with gold. I then added a few dots using an embossing pen and used silver pearl powder to emboss. The circles of golden colours were made using a circle stencil cut out of scrap then inked with DIs. The sentiment was stamped in brown.

OK, that's it for today. See you again soon.




20 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jules!
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is so pretty :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers simply delightful Julie.
    Great idea and a stunning CAS make all round
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Julie. Love the circles background and your gorgeous gold embossed leaves. Wow! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the opulence of the gilding !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Julie, the gold looks really rich, totally fabulous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a golden delight! I LOVE your design, Julie. A beautiful one layer card! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie this is sumptuous, what a stunning card
    Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning .... it really caught my eye. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning - I saw it on Less Is More and came to have a closer look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous! The gold leaves are so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a stunning card Julie, such an elegant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just came a cross this just want to give you a thumbs up on a lovely card
    Steff

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful card. Could you please share the process. I'd like to replicate the process.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. https://bigganed.blogspot.com
    I think that this is the birgit?
    Lovely clean work .
    This is very much in the same style.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)