Sunday 8 January 2017

Joyous Christmas

Evening all.
Well the Christmas holidays are over for another year, even my Grandson is back to school tomorrow. Hope you all had a fab time and got lots of crafty goodies under your tree!
I did discover a distinct shortage of Christmas cards at the last minute, so this year I am trying to get at least one done a month, so here is January's made for the new challenge over at HLS Anything Goes with dies.


I've used a MB bauble die and a few Personnel Impressions snowflake stamps. 
To start, I cut a panel in white linen effect card and planned out where to place my dies. I wanted to inlay two of them and lay one on the top. 
After cutting I cut the centers again out of plain card (actually it was a slight textured piece in reverse and I didn't realise until I had inked them up!) and using my Misti stamped three snowflakes and then heat embossed them with white EP, inking over them with Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch DI to give some dimension.
I then cut 3 more of the baubles in silver mirror card and the berries from some silver linen card scraps. I now had all the pieces ready to replace in the base panel.
Turning the cut panel over, I stuck double sided tape across the narrow openings to keep them in place then replaced 2 silver die cuts in the openings. When I was happy they were flush with the surface I added more tape to the rear. The small berries were then replaced in the correct position.
The top bauble I found a little trickier as the tape had to be positioned so that it was invisible from the front. When done I placed it over the inlaid dies and added a sentiment in Grey Flannel. The whole panel was then trimmed and stuck to a white base card.


There's much more inspiration over on the HLS blog, so why not pop over there and check out the rest of the team.


I'd like to join in over at -

        Blank icon

     

20 comments:

  1. ...who says CAS cards are quick?!! This must have taken an age Julie, but so very worth it as the end result is amazing. Love the blue and silver combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a stunning card. I badly miscalculated how many Christmas cards I needed last year. I will have to do better this year. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful design Jules. Love the two inlaid and one popped up Christmas ornament. Blue and silver are so perfect together. Great start on this year's Christmas cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing and eye catching card. Loving the colour combination and the techniques you've used on this stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue an silver....beautiful! Love the design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Jules! Glad to know you had a good time! Your card is so gorgeous! Love those blue baubbles very much!:)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really fabulous card Jules..love the inlaid design and blue baubbles..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty ornaments Jules! The shading on them is so pretty. So glad you joined us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card. I love your silver metallic and blue ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I love the silver and blue combo. Just so pretty! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Breath-taken away in seeing your gorgeous silver-blue and snowflake ornaments! Stunning in every way! So thrilled to be on the HLS Dies Challenge team with you; you're an incredible inspiration!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interpretation of the inspiration-- perfect ornaments and love the white space that just makes that blue pop so beautifully! Thanks so much for joining at THD and please play along more in 2017!! xo kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous baubles! The way you embossed the snowflakes and coloured the baubles on the circle really give them a 3D effect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute. Thank you for playing along with the heart desires challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card! I really like the silvery bits with the icy blues.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super pretty! The blue looks awesome with the silver!
    Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is fun! Love your take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at THD.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore your take on the challenge! The silver and. Lies are so pretty with the snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these gorgeous silver and blue ornaments!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bautifull card love your choose of colout. Thanks for your participation in HLS christmas challange. Hope to se youb in outher next challande. //Zora

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)