Friday 6 March 2015

What makes you happy?

Good morning all.
Just a quick post to show a card I made last night and get it entered into the latest challenge over at Less is More.
The theme this week is- What makes you happy.

This had me stumped until I had a bit of a lightbulb moment, which in itself makes me happy. 
I have planted some bulbs at the side of our back track but the pesky rabbits have eaten the crocus that had bloomed :( , but it reminded me that the daffodils and other spring flowers really make me smile. While feeding the lambs I noticed that the first blackthorn was in flower and the catkins were on the hazel, signs that spring is not far away. My pots have escaped the ravages of the pesky rabbits so there will be some colour soon.
I then thought of the stamp I bought on my last trip to Farsley, to visit Lili of the Valley. I stamped it and sat happily colouring away totally oblivious of the time last night, that really does make me happy!


when it came down to the actual card design I decided to go with the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch but I did have a few doubts about the backing colour of the card. I liked the white which shows off the rather complex image but I also liked this version,


I'm still not sure which I like best, the purple really makes the yellows sing. Take your pick.



Thanks for calling by. 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards and great challenge combo Julie
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are both beautiful! What great colouring! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous Jules, can't make up my mind about the background!! Glad I'm not the only one whose crocuses get eaten by Bunny Foo Foo and his family! We used to have masses in the banks around the garden but they must be such a delicacy that we haven't seen them for at least three years. However I have been sneaky this year and planted some in pots that the little buggers can't reach so I can safely say that I have a few this year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colouring, Jules - you have really done those images justice! You are right, spring flowers are a reason to be happy. Love both colour backgrounds and the way you have used the sketch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to frame this Julie!
    Thanks for joining us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring is amazing of this beautiful image Jules. Love the fresh and fun spring flowers ... would make anyone happy to see those! Both versions are so lovely, and you know I'm all about the white space, but actually love the pop of purple which makes the other colours seem brighter as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for my late visit Jules, what a fab card for our happy challenge! Love your colouring, for me I prefer it on white...
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)