Tuesday 24 March 2015

Transport

Good morning everyone.
Another Tuesday so time for a new challenge for you from Cardz4Guyz. Thanks for all your fab CAS cards from last week, though some of the entries weren't exactly CAS, there were some great entries and it wasn't an easy task to choose the top 3. Pop over and check who the winners were.
This time we would like to see your masculine projects and cards on the theme of -

TRANSPORT

A very masculine topic I think.
I have used up my stash of child's birthday cards and I know there is one birthday in particular coming up and he is obsessed with trains so that was where I went with this Molly Bloom train card.


For the layout I used the latest sketch over at Sketch Saturday


The pennant in the middle reminded me of the disappearing lines of train track so that was perfect!
I cut the pennant to echo the angle of the sleepers in the train from a NitWits 'Finncy's Garden' green paper mounted on white and used co-ordinated papers for the background panel and strip. 
I coloured the train with Copics to match the red in the strip and then fussy cut it out. I know you can't see any, they just happen to be behind the pennant!
I put the '6' on the other side of the sketch as it was to crowded on the side in the sketch.
The sentiment is from a Woodware set stamped in black on white and glued flat.
The overall effect is of the train coming out of a tunnel of green I think.

OK, that's all for now. Checkout the rest of the DT and GDT's inspiration over at the Cardz4Guyz blog and join us.

I would like to join in the fun at -
Stamping Sensations - One for the Guys



11 comments:

  1. What little boy wouldn't love your card Julie, it's so bright and colourful, love it

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card for a 6 year old. Great colouring and design. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect for a little train lover Jules. Gorgeous colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure Logan will love it! Thanks mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so colorful! Like it a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHat an adorable card, Jules! I have a grandson's 6th birthday coming up, too! Love the colors and your papers. Your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for playing and sharing your creative work with us at Sketch Saturday. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect card for the Guys and our theme Julie and nice bright and inviting colours.

    Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Julie, the image is perfect for the layout x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card! It's perfect for young train lover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat design using the pennant behind the train !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful card. Love your coloring and those pretty papers. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)