Monday 16 March 2015

Sketch #30

Good afternoon folks and welcome.
Today sees the start of a new sketch challenge at STAMPlorations. Here is the card I made using the sketch-


and here is the sketch -


As you can see I sort of played with the way the shapes overlap but so long as we can see the sketch you can do what you like, rotate, flip change the shapes, its up to you, but do explain if it is a bit off the wall!
I used the remaining uninked stamp from my Bloom Sketches set. I read on the wonderful Darnell's blog a couple of weeks ago that the poppies were in full bloom so perhaps they have been and gone over in California, the photos were certainly spectacular. I do love poppies but our's are more delicate and bloom on disturbed ground in the summer, a field washed red with these beauties is a site to behold. Perhaps I can persuade Shery to release some poppy stamps of the UK variety!
The poppies on this were coloured with Copics and the frame coloured to match, the 'thanks' was from the bold sentiments set. The background was embossed using a Spellbinders embossing folder.

As usual Shery is offering the following prizes:-
Winner
(voted by the design team)
prize: 2 stamp sets (3" by 5") if you use STAMPlorations stamps, 1 stamp set if you don't
+ guest designer spot in a Sketch Challenge
Top picks
prize: 3 digi stamps 
+ the option to be a guest designer too in a Sketch Challenge if you will use  STAMPlorations digi stamp (to be provided )OR if you already have STAMPlorations clear stamps
All winners and top picks will receive a personalized guest designer badge that they can display on their blogs, as well as a STAMPlorations guest designer watermark.
Frequent Players Spotlight. Play in all 3 challenges for the month for entries to the random draw. Prize is always going to be a stamp and stencil pack valued at $10.

So no excuses to have a go and join us.
Pop over to the DT's blogs for more inspiration and info on their designs and check out our fab GDs.
Becca DT
Tenia DT
Wei Wei DT

On the subject of spring here are a couple of lamb photos.




Number 84b has a splint on it's leg as it broke it just after birth. We think he got trampled on by another ewe. He is coping well and getting bigger.

Thanks for calling around.
I would like to join the fun over at-

Time Out Challenges - Picture 





9 comments:

  1. Loved your card Julie! The embossing plus and poppies look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all the texture you've got going on! Ok, I thought your card was adorable, but I can't get over the cuteness of that casted lamb. Who knew that injured lambs could actually be that cute?! I hope he gets better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love the embossing and yellow/white combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Jules...where do I start though!! Love the embossed wicker work (Mum had chairs with rattan seats like that in the 70's!!) A gorgeous stamp and the colour is beautiful, when we planted our rockery we had colours just like that, papavers I think they were called. The frame is a lovely touch too. That darling lamb looks to be thriving and I do hope you've not had any more nasty visitors. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that beautiful embossing background! And gorgeous pop of yellow flowers. Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I clicked over to see your card and fell in love with your baby lambs. My family raises sheep too! We have several babies right now. Hope the little ones leg heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Stunning card! Love your background and how you arranged these panels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your craftsmanship is top-notch! what a fabulous design! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie, gorgeous card, love the textured background and that yellow frame set off those lovely flowers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)