Monday 23 March 2015

Blossom

Good afternoon. 
I've not been in my craft room much due to child minding duties this weekend. What with the lovely sunny weather we were out and about with our Grandson, so no blogging or making for me until late yesterday afternoon then it was for DT duties. I did try to do something for the challenge over at CASology but it didn't work to my satisfaction so abandoned it only to see something similar posted, so couldn't go down that route!
Anyway for a better late than never post, I managed to develop my original idea and came up with this -




When I saw the cue word early last week I thought of cherry and apple blossom but couldn't find any stamps small enough in the stash, so went down the die cut route but as I said it didn't work. So looking at my branch stamp I saw my palette with DI still on it so started splashing some v watery ink over the stamped branches but thought it a tad flat so added some chunky embossing powder over the top and the stamped a sentiment from a freebie set to match.
I used the layout over at Less is More where the theme is 
CASe the DT.
I chose Chrissie's card for my CASe.

I kept the layout roughly the same but put the sentiment panel at the bottom and made the panels slightly larger. I used a phrase sentiment and a 'flower' image same as Chrissie. So that was it, quite quick in the end and a good job too as the 'Blossom' challenge closes today!

As there is so much white on this I am entering it at-


and also at Uniko's - Anything Goes

OK, that's a wrap. I better get some lunch ready for the workers!

23 comments:

  1. This is stunning!!! So beautiful and the colors are fabulous!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous Julie, the inky effect is awesome!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! So pretty, words fail me...again!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this, what a creative and stunning way to make blossom, it has lovely textire and really does look,like blossom. Thanks for joining Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous take on the cue word - so full of wonderful movement and texture! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fab. Love the splatter effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, great idea to use the splatters.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your CASE of Chrissie's card. Beautiful colours, fab splatter pattern and lovely sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Uniko Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! It's totally reminiscent of the spring cherry blossoms that are everywhere in Washington D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoopie what a fun and feminine take on Chrissie's card - love it.
    Super striking and I'm so thrilled you've linked up at AAA Cards and Uniko too.
    Great work and thanks for sharing.
    Sarah (LIM, Uniko & AAA Cards)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And it turned out brilliantly - a VERY creative solution

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Juels. Beautiful design! Love the soft colours of your blossoms ... and the chunky embossing powder really adds lots of texture. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's lovely mum. Oh and thanks for the babysitting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie your inky branches look stunning, love the embossing you added, gives fab texture!
    Thanks so much for your entry
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the AAA Card Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really clever - and beautiful colors that i'd never have thought to put together but work really well. Thanks for joining AAA Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and a wonderful mix of colours :) Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice card, I miss it last week....love de texture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. glad you were showcased on Less is More, fantastic, interesting and beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both cards and wonder what paper you used, looks so textured and sturdy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)