Thursday 15 February 2024

Introducing... Mid Century Modern Birthday

Good morning and welcome to day 2 of the new Uniko release introductions. 
Today we are focusing on Mid Century Modern Birthday. Here's my take.


The set comprises of a large sentiment, smaller MCM additions and a few of present stamps along with ribbon and bows. The pressies on the release logo are how Bev imagined them, but I went slightly off piste with my watercolour take.


Using my Misti, I stamped the solid pressies first with plain water then again with DI onto MM paper. The ink spreads into the water to give a watercolour look without the hassle! To make the top middle pressie, I used the solid square from BB Squares. When the ink was dry, I added some pattern with a white gel pen and some doodled strings with a black fine liner. I liked the clean look so did not add any sentiment.

Here's a second card using the parcels again but this time simply stamped using DI and the ribbons similarly before fussy cutting each element out.


Just to show how well it combines with other sets I've used the sentiment from Birthday sentiments instead of the one from the set. A few embossed stars and a few sequins complete.

So that's it from me, but why not check out the rest of the team for their takes.

I'll be back tomorrow with anther introduction from the new 12th Birthday Release from Uniko.
 

6 comments:

  1. Very cute cards! I love the fun presents with the strings and bows, and I love the style of the presents on your second card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such clever ideas. Counting down till Sunday🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the doodles on the first card. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 1st card especially, the stringy bows give a delicate touch x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great idea Jules. The first card is amazing and great watercolour effect. Thanks for sharing. Tracey.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very different cards using the same stamps and both are fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)