Friday 16 February 2024

Color Hues #81, Dandelion Clocks

Afternoon. I'm back with my card for the brand new colour duo from Color Hues. This time we've gone for a pastel look with this new pairing. Here's my take.


It took me quite a few attempts to get a good photo of this card and even then the shimmer on the wings have eluded the camera! Anyway here is another from my to colour box, using another image stamped on my friends Di's visit a few years ago. This is another LOTV image called Dandelion Clocks. Do you remember blowing the seeds off a dandelion and counting off the hours as you blew the little parachute seeds off?
So after colouring with Copics, a few from the BG group, 10,11 and 34 for the mint and three from the V group, 12, 15 and 18 for the lilac. Don't know what possessed me to use Copics as these two colours are the least well covered by the Copic range. Luckily I remembered I had some NitWits DP that also fit the bill! The wings were coloured with the same BG group but I added a couple of layers of Wink of Stella to add some extra sparkle to her wings.
As I was rootling through the EFs, I also found a Dandelion Clock EF that was the perfect backdrop, think it could be either a DoCrafts or a Hobbycrafts make. My little sentiment is from my early days of crafting, Molly Bloom, no longer in business.
As to assembly, I fussy cut the fairy out, added my DP to an A6 note card and edged the DP with a thin strip and a die cut scalloped edge from card coloured with V15, a great way to link your image to your background and not spend hours looking for just the right colour!! My white embossed panel square was added with pads, then the sentiment,finally the image, again on pads.

So where will these new colours take you? We'd love to see your takes in the gallery.
Should you need more inspiration there's always the rest of the DT and our GD to help here.

Joining in over at:-
Week 726 Add Some Sparkle

14 comments:

  1. This is total cutness! That little angel is delightful and beautifully colored. Finding that perfect embossing folder made for one great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable card with a sweet little fairy, Jules. Perfect way to use these gorgeous pastel colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and a lovely colour combo. Thanks for joining Passion for markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you took a different direction for your Lilac and Mint card, Julie. Sweet image and card! Have a wonderful weekend. We are supposed to have rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love the LOTV fairies! I always have trouble photographing glitter, it never shows up! but it's a gorgeous card anyway. Thanks for sharing at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so hard to get certain photos isn't it? I just love how she looks with the dandelion embossed background, so sweet Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awh, she is adorable, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is absolutely darling, especially with the beautiful life you've breathed in to her with your incredible colouring. All she needs is a frame...
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty combo and you have done a fabulous job with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card Julie. The LOTV image is so sweet and your colouring is perfect. Your patterned paper is such a good match for your colour combo. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, that angel is beyond darling and I love all the layers you added to fit into the color combo. You did a wonderful Copic coloring wit these pastel colors, no surprise there, but you were braver than I was! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am absolutely in LOVE with this LOTV card Julie, and I think I even have this stamp! In fact I have a whole collection of LOTV stamps and sadly rarely use them these days...really need to get them out and have a play! You've colored that little darling beautifully and I love that you found an embossing folder to match...how fun is that?!! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make such sweet cards with these adorable images, I just love this one! Julie, I especially like that dandelion embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so sweet!!! I love how you repeated the colors in your elements and wow....what awesome fussy cutting too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)