Wednesday 14 February 2024

Happy Valentine's Day - Introducing... Ink & Flip Geometric Heart Layering Stencil

We start off the introductions for the Uniko birthday release with another of Bev's Ink and Flip stencils.
This time as it's Valentine's Day she's designed a heart shaped one. Here's my take.


It is a two part stencil, one to create a background and one to create this fractured heart pattern.
To begin I inked up the first side of the stencil with Abandoned Coral DOx then wiped it clean, flipped it over and repeated this time using Worn Lipstick DOx. The fracture pattern gives the heart a sense of dimension, so I went one further and decided to use some very old embossing tools and a mat to give the heart a padded look. I started by placing the other part of the stencil over the inked heart and using a fine ball tool, drew around the heart, then flipping over to repeat the process. Once I had the outline, I flipped the inked panel over and using a couple of large ball tools and the mat, raised up the heart shape. A smaller heart shape cut from white fun foam was glued behind the heart before the panel was added to an A6 base card.


You can see the end result a little better here.
A simple Sentiment Blocks sentiment stamped with Abandoned Coral on white and trimmed down complete.
That's all from me for today but pop back tomorrow for another release intro.
In the mean time why not check out the rest of the girls ideas here.



Joining in over at:-



9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours and perfect match to the block sentiment. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an innovative and clever stencil and I love how you have showcased it with your design, Jules! Happy ❤ Day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great new stencil set and totally love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretty card! Great colors for the heart, and such an awesome stencil design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jules and perfect for Valentine's Day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous dimensional card Jules, perfect for Valentine's, Wedding Day or Anniversary. Such a beautiful design. Tracey.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool stencil, with the faceted heart being a beautiful result! Swooning! Thrilled that you joined us at Inkspirational.
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. So CAS and I love the addition of the dimension, great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous CAS design. Loving the dimension you've created and colors you've chosen. Thank you for joinin The Male Room #183 challenge, I hope you'll join our new "Food / Drink" -challenge also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)