Tuesday 6 February 2024

You Make the World Wonderful, Take 2!

Morning all.
As it's Tuesday it must mean that it's time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This time Helen has chosen the theme of:-

LOVE

I know it's nearly Valentines Day for those romantics out there but the OH and I don't do Valentine's Day. I'm not saying he isn't romantic, we have been married over 45 years, but we just don't do the flowers and card thing. Last time he bought me flowers, I was so shocked, I asked him what he'd done wrong!!
Anyway I have made this not too shmaltzy card using the same LOTV sentiment I used for the Color Hues card and their cute James the bear with Heart that I stamped when my friend Di came to visit, I think. He was another image languishing in the to colour box!
 

After colouring with Copics an fussy cutting James out, I die cut a circle from some linen effect white card and then a slightly larger circle from the same but used the wrong or plain side to stamp the sentiment in Memento Gray Flannel. The panel was trimmed to leave a border on the A6 note card, sentiment added behind the opening and the front added with foam tape. James was placed to one side.

I think this card could be used for anniversaries or Valentine's Day but where will the theme take you? As always we love to see your takes in the gallery here. You'll also find more masculine 'LOVE' inspiration there too.

Joining in over at:-


Valentine


Red and/or hearts

11 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card and who could resist a cute 'James' image? Thank you for sharing at Passion For Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling!! That fussy cut bear is so very cute!! Your creation is sure to inspire those who decide to play along with our new "LOVE" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! #C4G340

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully coloured James and heart Julie. If I was presented with flowers my reaction would be the same. I think the first year we were married I was given a garden rake for Valentines day and for my birthday four days later a deep fat fryer bought from the local agricultural merchants!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Jules and you have coloured James beautifully.
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous and cute card. Beautifully colored and I love all that white space, it allows us to focus on those fabulous elements. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players and Addicted to CAS.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute...who wouldn't love this adorable teddy bear with his big heart?! Just the sweetest! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card, Jules. That bear is so adorable holding that huge heart! LOVE your large sentiment too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous CAS card using that sweet James Bear, Julie, coloured perfectly too...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute image , cute card๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ˜Š congrats
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWWWW...he's so adorable!!! And you've colored him perfectly. So glad you share this with us at CAS on Friday, we hope to see more of your creations in our galleries! Hugs!
    Kristin Sluhan
    CAS on Friday DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)