Sunday 24 May 2015

Wedding Brad

Morning all, hope you are well.
Just a quick post to show you a card I made for a few challenges.
I love it when I can combine them, it gets the creative juices flowing and ideas bounce off each other and the challenges focus the design.

It was really muggy yesterday afternoon so I came in just before tea and spent a very pleasurable hour playing with some ideas for a card and here is the result.


Over at Less is More they would like to see some METAL, CASology's cue word is Wedding and Inkspirational's cue is Purple with the twist of wedding or love. 
My starting point was this metal brad I've had in the stash since I did my daughter's wedding scrapbook nine years ago! The next problem was how to frame it, well going down the wedding theme I chose a heart which I die cut from a Spellbinders panel with a Little B die and then inked it in purple before adding the brad and gluing it down on the base card before stamping the greeting in black and popping the top panel up on pads. I must admit I struggled with finding a greeting, must stock up on some new ones that include wedding ones!
Job done.

I would like to join in over at:-


                

We'd love you to display our banner
Use some metal

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the splash of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the pop of purple in the cutout, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on all 3 challenges!
    looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a brilliant job using those challenges as inspiration and this is a winner for sure!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card. I love the detail on that panel and the metal charm is wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a real sweetie of a card. Your charm looks perfect!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous challenge combo card Julie and I'm loving that elegant wedding brad.
    It works perfectly for the challenge and thanks so much for playing along at Less is More.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, well done, Jules! It's excellent for all the challenges and a very pretty and romantic wedding card! Your clever design around that sweet charm is a winner in my book!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Julie, Ii accidently pressed publish before I finished. I really like that wedding charm. hank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful wedding card!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes I too love it when a few challenges catch your eye and creativity blooms! And here is a fabulous example of that. I love the way you created the card around the charm, what a delight. Thanks for joining Ink

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card for your challenge combo! That brad is great for this card, and the die cut frame is very elegant.
    Thanks for sharing with us
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Nice job on all the challenges you nailed with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely elegant design!
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Julie - how fabulous that this charm was still in your collection, awaiting opportunity to be showcased on this beautiful card you've created! Simple, stunning, wedding perfect! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)