Saturday 16 May 2015

Happy Birthday

Good morning early risers.
This is a different sort of post today as we are celebrating the birthday of the lovely Sandie of London Days.
Kylie is hosting a suprise linky party on her blog with one or two friends helping out to spread the news. Sandie does a lot of work behind the scenes at ATSM and always leaves such supportive comments so how could I not join in. 
Here is my card for her and if the Royal Mail have done their job she should have received it by now!

Happy Birthday Sandie!!


Sandie loves CAS so I hope she likes this.

I used a couple of challenges for my inspiration as I had too many ideas floating around my head, again!
I've used this camouflage technique with letters and numbers before, here, here and here, but I went with a tag this time. I stamped the greeting (a freebie on a mag) in black then using the colours from CASual Friday I inked up my STAMPlorations Eclectic Florals and stamped around the greeting. The wispy bits are from the same free set, stems I think!. The tag is from Die'sire and has several layers of the same glued together. I'd no dark twine so I coloured some pale blue with a Copic to match.
OK, why not join in over at Kylie's blog and wish Sandie a very happy birthday.

I'd like to join in at -

                        April/May Challenge: Layers and Dimensions        

Thanks for popping by and special thanks to those of you who stop to spend time to leave such lovely comments. :)

16 comments:

  1. I am still say in bed with a cuppa so not sure if Royal Mail has delivered this yet but it is a beauty. I love this texhnique. I am so bad at using tags but I guess I could try this without a tag. I am so pleased you joined my party, means so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jules. The stamping technique on that tag is brilliant. I love it! Thanks so much for linking up at Sandie's Birthday Party xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is wonderful Jules, such fabulous colours and brilliant design xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic stamping and super elegant Julie! Love the colours and I'm sure Sandie will be proud to show it on her fire place! Thanks for linking up at the party and AAA cards with your stunning card.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful design with the tag here Julie!! I love the colors and I know Sandie will love it too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty! I always love your cards! And your color combo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Julie! Great stamping and I like how you used the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty combination of colors used here. I really like how you stamped over the tag to incorporate it into the card. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card - so unique and beautiful - really stunning!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. Love the design and the colours Jules. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite pretty! I like the wispy bits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking technique! Thanks for playing with us for our birthday challenge!
    Cheers, Victoria lavender- AAA CAS Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! I really like how you stamped on the tag and card, great technique!
    Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the matched and overlaid tag! Also love the touch of the tassel on the tag that matches the stamped stems. Thanks for linking up and celebrating our birthday with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty design - I am sure that Sandie was absolutely thrilled to get it! Thanks for celebrating with us at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is wonderful!!! What a really clever look, how you used the tag and your stamping. So glad you were able to play along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)