Friday 29 May 2015

Christmas Visions

Evening folks.
Just a quick post to share a card I made for a couple of challenges.


Don't know if you know but MUSE has diversified into Christmas with their Christmas Visions Challenge. This is the first time I've had the chance to play along. This week the Muse is Tracey McNeely and here is her card.


I took my cues from the snowy background, triangular trees and the snowdrifts. As the latest challenge at Merry Monday is to use newsprint, I thought I would use that for my DP. Instead of embossing the snow onto the card I found a scrap of DP with falling snow from the bits box, LOTV I think. I put the sentiment in the bottom right of the snowdrifts as I didn't think it would show up against the background DP. The snowdrifts were cut using a MFT die and the trees are an old die from Cuttlebug.
Well I said it was quick so that's about it. Al has gone off to play with his toys so its just me and the dog! Catch up TV I think.

I'm joining in the fun at -

          


Thanks for stopping by. :)


20 comments:

  1. So sweet - great CASE of the MUSE card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mum, though gives me a bit of a twitch each time you post a Christmas card at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fun - you've got all the elements yet it's different, too! So glad you joined us at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your newsprint trees, look great against the snowy background. Hugs Andrea, GD Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply sweet, Jules. Love the 'snowy' background, and the cluster of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Jules, love the perfect snowy background paper and the trees are brilliant, really contemporary xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic take on Tracey's card Julie and especially combining that newsprint request from MM.
    I can't get my mojo working for that one this week! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the little scene. thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenge. Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo! I like the graphic black and white combo with those blue polka dots! Great take on the original.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Well done on casing the card & making it your own!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your take on the muse challenge. Cool newsprint trees!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! The newsprint trees are the perfect touch in this gorgeous scene! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This caught my eye on the thumbnail,s the background showcases your trees beautifully! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the newsprint trees against that snowy sky - a great take on the challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those trees look so funky against that snowy blue sky!! Love your card, Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards. Thank you for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julie your take on MCV is excellent, love your snowy sky. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the Muse Christmas Visions challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a nice Christmas card! It was a fun detail with the news paper for the trees...:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great take on the Muse card - love the snowy sky.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)