Saturday 23 May 2015

Wings n Things

Good morning everyone. 
Today sees the start of the Spring Bank Holiday weekend and also a new challenge at Fantasy Stampers. This time we would like to see your projects on the theme of -

WINGS and THINGS

I received some new stencils in the post the other day and I've been having fun playing with them. This is my first card that I have posted using them.


The stencil is from ARTplorations and is called Flutterby. Now why am I posting a card made with a stencil when we are a stamping only blog challenge. Well I used stamps to create the pattern on the butterflies wings. 
To make this, I first cut a panel of white card then taped the stencil over it. Then I stamped over the spaces using STAMPlorations Trendy Butterflies and Eclectic Florals set with DIs.
Not wishing to waste the ink on the stencil I took a monoprint from it and will use it in another card.
I then washed the stencil and when dried I placed it back over the printed pattern. I then inked through the stencil with Versamark ink and then removed the stencil and used clear embossing powder to intensify the colours of the butterflies.
To complete I trimmed the panel down and wrapped some linen thread around adding a LOTV tag greeting and a fussy cut stamped butterfly, then mounted on pads onto a cerise base card.
Job done.
OK, now it's over to you.pop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's inspiration then join in. 

I'm joining the fun over at -

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
                                                 Stencil it

a static badge for those who don't want to flash!     
                                         Pink, Blue and yellow

Thanks for popping by and leaving such supportive comments. :)


11 comments:

  1. This is a very clever technique, Jules - and a fabulous result, perfect for the new challenge.

    Hope you enjoy the bank holiday weekend.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO clever!! What a beautiful effect you have achieved, and I love the pretty colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors! I also love the clear embossing over the bright butterfly outlines! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Stencil It” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling! I'd love to have you share it with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Always Anything Goes - Great prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful design Jules! Thanks for playing along at Mixed Media Card Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is really eye catching! I will have too remember that technique! Thanks for playing along at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have looked at this several times and find your make magical ~ so beautiful!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cool. Thanks for joining us this month at the MMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous card!!! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous use of the stencil So pretty! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)