Monday 4 May 2015

Sketch #33

Good afternoon. 
I hope all of you this side of the pond are having a smashing May Day Bank Holiday, the weather for once is on it's best behaviour!
I can't believe a fortnight has gone since the last STAMPlorations sketch challenge but it must be as here is my card for the latest sketch!



I know, Christmas already, still the cards are stacking up so I wont be on the last leg when it comes to December!
Here is this month's sketch.



As soon as I saw it it reminded me of rolling hills so I went with the twist of snowy ones!
The trees are STAMPlorations Tree Silhouettes and the greeting is made up of words from two sets, Sentiment Builders- Happy and Blossom Overture.
The sky was inked using Salty Ocean DI then spritzed with a little water and the snow drifts were cut using a MFT die. The trees were stamped and embossed in white then coloured over with Copics and some chunky white EP was added for falling snow. The panel was then placed on a kraft base card.

OK, that's it from me, for more inspiration pop over to the main blog or check out the fab DT and GDs for details of their cards.

As usual Shery is offering the following prizes:-
Winner (voted by the design team)
 2 stamp sets (3" by 5") if you use STAMPlorations stamps, 1 stamp set if you don't
+ guest designer spot in a future Sketch Challenge
Top picks 3 digi stamps 
+ the option to be a guest designer too in the next Sketch Challenge if you will use a STAMPlorations digi stamp (to be provided ) OR if you already have STAMPlorations clear stamps.
All winners and top picks will receive a personalized guest designer badge that they can display on their blogs, as well as a STAMPlorations guest designer watermark.
Frequent Players Spotlight. Play in all 3 challenges for the month for entries to the random draw. Prize is always going to be a stamp and stencil pack valued at $10.

So no excuses not to have a go and join in.
Pop over to the DT's blogs for more inspiration and info on their designs and check out our fab GD.
Becca DT
Tenia DT
Wei Wei DT

I'd like to join in the fun at -
Merry Monday - Embossing
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Inspired by a book or film
 ( The Happy Holidays greeting was buzzing around my head and then I remembered it's from the film 'Holiday Inn', starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire!)

Thanks for stopping around, see you again soon. 

20 comments:

  1. Hi Julie...I am so happy today on the same post with you a talented lady from Stamplorations..
    and I see winter on your card...ooh so coolldd brrrrr (grinz)
    I love the use of that three and the idea of the snow on your card, how did you made it until your EP pop up..I have pop corn pen and it will be pop if I embossed it...and yours looks like it but its not right ;) I love if ladies making card using Kraft paper looks always adorable
    great DT card hope to see you too on my post..
    hugs
    Monika (GDT at Stamplorations)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jules, love the "snow" and your trees are brilliant. We have had a lovely day here but it's now clouding over and the wind is getting up again xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this on both Merry Monday & Stamplorations. Was immediately taken with the work you put in to get this together. Very serene and lovely scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Christmas scene, Julie! I love the look of coloring the embossed trees and the dimension of the chunky falling snow! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Jules. Love the snowy scene you've created. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Julie! Love the scene you created and all the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, love all the glitz in your winterwonderland!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Julie! I just love the scene you've created. I need to get me those tree stamps from STAMPlorations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful wintery scene and a great holiday card to add to your pile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a beautiful wintery scene and a great holiday card to add to your pile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a beautiful wintery scene and a great holiday card to add to your pile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful winter wonderland you've created, Julie! Your sky is gorgeous and I love all the depth you created with the trees! You've done an amazing job with the sketch...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good Christmas card and this winter wonderland creation is just lovely!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is really beautiful! Love the "snowy" trees and background!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super winter scene. Love the snow. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, and I love what you did with the falling snow, very nice technique. You can hear the quiet in the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Julie, the trees look amazing with the technique you used! Stunning card in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just beautiful! I love the way you did the background with the falling snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)