Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Patchwork Hotair Balloon

Morning all.
Over at Cardz4Guyz we have a new challenge starting where Caz has chosen the theme of -

HOTAIR BALLOONS

I thought at first I would use my Uniko Up and Away but in the end used this sweet digi from LOTV called Patchwork Hotair Balloon.


After printing off the digi, I used Copics to colour before fussy cutting him out. Copics are my go to for colouring characters like this cute bear. I love the flexibility of the nib as well as the range of colours and shades and tones. It allows me to get a smooth, graduated look to my colouring that I haven't achieved with Promarkers or the Altenew alcohol ink pens, their nibs are too firm for my taste.
Rather that phaff with the tiny details on the balloon, I simply shaded each panel then added white gel pen over the top on two of the panels and a darker shade of the turquoise on the others. I chose the colours to match my DP which was a scrap in my bits box!

My DP was attached to my card blank, leaving a white strip above and below, because it was too small to fully cover it, then the next layer was added. This was made again using a scrap of linen effect card which I die cut with a couple of cloud dies. and cutting another smaller one to add over the top, I ended up with the largest cloud left over for another project. On more scrap white, I used my darkest Turquoise marker to colour 2 strips of card which I added to the top and bottom edge of the die cut panel. My sentiment, Uniko was stamped onto an oval die cut and added below the basket. The finished panel was then added on foam pads over the DP.

So where will the new theme take you? Don't forget it needs to be MASCULINE in focus!
For more ideas check out the rest of the team over on the C4G blog!

Joining in over at:-


Favourite Colouring Medium
(Copics are my go to for colouring characters like this cute bear. I love the flexibility of the nib as well as the range of colours and shades and tones. It allows me to get a smooth, graduated look to my colouring that I haven't achieved with Promarkers or the Altenew alcohol ink pens, their nibs are too firm for my taste.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)