Friday 8 August 2014

Just to Say

Afternoon folks.
My is it humid out there today, rain forecast but at the moment there is no sign of it.
My card today was inspired by my teamie Carol over at ATSM.
She's been experimenting with a stamping with stencils technique over on the Tim Holtz web site so I thought I would pop along to have a look. I had a play and came up with a couple of sheets that worked but weren't the right colour so had another play and came up with the colours that are the focus of the latest challenge over at Crazy for CAS.


Here is my card using, you've guessed it Glorious Gardenia!


I used DI in Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone, and Evergreen Bough to print the stripe pattern using the Tim Holtz stencil -'Stripes' The sentiment is also stamped in Pumice Stone. All in all it creates a very tranquil looking card, don't you think? So thanks Carol for the inspiration. 
I cut the gardenia out of a leftover piece of print and mounted it on a white fussy cut background, I decided to leave off any more embellishments as the background although soft, is quite busy. 

I shall also enter the following challenges:-

CASology - Stripes
Loves Rubberstamps - Anything goes with the option of stripes
STAMPlorations August Challenge - Stamps and die cuts

OK, the sun is still shining so may take the dog for a walk if I can find his lead!



21 comments:

  1. Om My! This is so beautiful! Love the background and flowers. Thank You so much for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
    DT Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jules, sun bleached driftwood springs to mind!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! That soft background is just stunning, and your flowers have such a cool, puffy sticker like effect to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so well-balanced card, Julie! Love the colour combo and stencilled background

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card...it does have a super tranquil feel....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool background! Very pretty, those sublte colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! Love that die with the background you created! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Jules. I agree, the way you've used those colours makes it a very tranquil card.
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment re: my snowflakes - borrow away, hun.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the background!! ... and perfect with your beautiful flowers. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, the texture is fab and your subtle use of the inspiration colours is gorgeous!!! :D Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, this is subtle and rich in texture...just beautiful! I really like that stripes embossing folder...cool coloring, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, love it! I'm a new follower.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great project. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, love it! Thanks for joining at Crazy for CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning is the word for the design and colors :) Thank you for sharing with Stamplorations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, Love the distressed watercoloured background... Fabulous card. Thanks for playing along with STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really awesome amazing. Thanks for joining us over at Crazy for CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You used the adjective "tranquil" and I must agree. Reminds me of a birch forest. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations with this lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my!! I'm SO glad you let me know about your card made with the TH stencil:WOW, WOW and WOW!! From the colours to the actual 'lines' that you successfully achieved: STUNNING! Your perseverance paid off (I think I tried at least 7 to reach my final 'enough is enough' stage) The flowers make for a beautiful pairing! GORGEOUS!! And thank you, too, for the wee shout out; delighted that I sparked a bit of inspiration and you absolutely soared with it!! Yayyy...guess this means I should try again, right *grin*
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)