Thursday 7 August 2014

Blended Bloom

Morning all.
Looks like another fine day here, just a little bit of cloud but could get a litt windy and wet later in the week as we get the remnants of a tropical storm, they think!

I've just come across a new challenge thanks to a few teamies over at ATSM, over at STAMPlorations.
This is a bi weekly challenge and this time its a sketch and here is my take.



I've used a recent purchase from my friends SU party that was just crying out to be coloured, 'Blended Bloom' I've be looking for a large flower to use with my W/C and Copics for some time. This time I used my Copics with matching squares of card to complete the sketch.


I did start this on Monday but for one reason or another I didn't finish so I had an eye on the Colour Me challenge but that's finished but they are very summery colours and the blousey bloom is just reminiscent of summer gardens, I think it might be a peony of some kind.  I doodled a border around the white square to frame the bloom and popped the front panel up on pads. To complete I added a few glossy black dots, made by colouring the base of some dried blobs of glossy accents I dried on a sheet of plastic then popped off when dry. I've seen lots of this style in blogland but never seen any in the shops. The hello is die cut from a Spellbiders Celebration 2 set.

I shall also enter the following challenges:-
Creative Inspirations - Here comes Summer
Love Rubberstamps - Anything Goes option of stripes
Inkspirational - Use Markers or Pencils

Don't forget there is still time to enter the latest challenge at Fantasy Stampers - Buttons and Bows
Not fantasy just plain old fashioned stamping required.

Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon. :)

13 comments:

  1. Love how you have used the sketch. It's a great design. It showcases the image so well. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Buddy - this is just fabulous - love how you interpreted the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the sketch, love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and yes! thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, I love the image and colour combo. thank you for joining us at creative inspirations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blousy bloom is fabulous for this sketch challenge, Jules, and brilliantly colored! I LOVE how you gave it more presence on center stage by doodling the wonderful frame around it!! Mwah! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super cute, Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation, thank you for joining Creative inspirations here comes summer challenge
    CraftyNatalie: DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love the colouring. Great take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, Jules! So fun to share the winner's gallery with you over at Stamplorations!! Congratulations!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw this card was a winner over at Stamplorations blog - so well done and the coloring is impeccable!! Way to go - I am always so excited to see great stampers/cardmakers get recognition!! Well-deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your compliments, I'm so pleased you liked my design. :)

      Delete
  12. Oh how pretty! Love your color choices too. Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)