Friday 1 August 2014

Muse

Evening all.
The weather has finally broken with a heavy downpour earlier and now the rain is steady if not heavy.
I managed to get Max out while it was drier but Al has just taken him out in the rain, so towels at the ready.
Thought I would share a photo of the little monster, he's in the wars at the mo having got too close to a rabbit which kicked him in the chest, it being bigger than Max!


He's a 2 year old Chihuahua Jack Russell cross who thinks he's a sheepdog!

Any way enough of that, a new card for you.


I made this for the latest challenge over at Muse. This week the Muse is Bev Buenker and this is her card.


I loved the contrast between the shiny primary blue and the secondary orange background. Well if I was going with a direct link it would have been yellow and purple  or green and red but I went with one of my fave colour ways lime green and purple. The only large word die I have is this new Avery Elle 'Love ' die which I picked up on my spree, so the card ended up a more feminine design than the muse. I used a piece of NitWits  lime green striped paper and some pretty floral paper from them that I had left over for the center of the panel. The striped paper along the edge was from the stash. I love NitWits papers they are my favourite, love how they co ordinate and being digital you can access them at a click of a button!. I hadn't got any sequins that matched so I improvised with some dots from the shiny purple from the stash.

I shall also enter the challenge at As you like it - Your favourite papers

OK, Max and Al are back so I suppose its a wrap for tonight, see you.





6 comments:

  1. Ooh poor little soul being picked on!! What a cute little chap Jules and much easier to dry off than a collie dog I imagine...our madam will ask to be dried off and bark if we "forget"!! Thanks for joining in at AYLI and I'm with you on the Nitwits Collections papers!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely take on Bev's card :) and Max looks so adorable, he sure is a hero!! brave guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you'd think Max would learn after all those hours playing with Ben.
    Nice choice of colours mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max is such a sweetie! Love the beautiful colors of your card! Thanks for your visit and encouragement. A tip for the Stampendous Embossing Enamel is to heat from underneath, that way it doesn't blow off. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors, Julie!! Love those greens and purples together, and the subtle dp within the polaroid frame. I'm really quite in awe of your take on my little Muse card - you've taken my card and really made it your own. Love it!! Thanks for playing along at Muse this week. : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)