Saturday 16 August 2014

By The Sea

Morning all.
Another week has flown by so that means its time for a new challenge at Fantasy Stampers.
The latest challenge is to create a project with the theme:-

BY THE SEA

Well again lots of ideas about this topic and I couldn't decide so ended up with two cards.


The first is one using Stamping Up's 'Wetlands' stamp set. We made a similar one at a friends party but this one is on a larger scale. I used an off cut of card from an A4 sheet that I used to make a square card. I know people say you should use w/c paper but I've never bothered when doing small scale work.
First I scribbled some markers onto a long acrylic block then spritzed with water and laid it onto the white panel to print the background. I used a damp paper towel to bleach out some of the sky to create sky and added some darker ink to the bottom of the strip using the block method. I stamped the grasses,birds and sentiment in Momento black ink, mounted on black then popped up on pads. I added a little white gel pen to suggest light catching the water.

Not sure if they are classed as animals but I will enter the latest challenge at 
Less is More - Animals
as well as


The second was made using a Michael Powell stamp 'Harbourside'


The main inspiration for this was the challenge over at The Male Room. This time they want you to:-

MAKE PINK MALE

This was a challenge and a half, use paper, pink shirt and then I thought of the colour washed houses at the seaside, so ended up with this busy scene on a simple square base card. I didn't use exclusively all pink but inter-dispersed other pastel colours on the houses. These scenes are great but are very busy so always tricky to make a card, so I went with a mount of black and then popped up on pads on a square base card. I left the sentiment off as I thought it looked better without. I coloured the scene (with difficulty) with Copics.

OK, that's it. Why not pop over and see what the rest of the fabulous DT have created for your inspiration and join in.




23 comments:

  1. Stunning cards, Julie. They are both amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Julie, the technique for creating he bg in the 1st one looks amazing, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Julie. I love those wetlands stamps and perfect for the challenge.
    Thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Julie!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are simply beautiful. I really love your coloring on the cityscape. Fabulous.
    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fab cards, love them both.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, especially the detail on the Michael Powell stamp, I know how difficult that one is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two very lovely cards. Your harbour scene is perfect. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards love your wading birds !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so beautifully colored, love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining us in TMR this week - your row of house is fab - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous cards Julie. Love your technique for the beach scene ... perfect backdrop for those sweet images. And the pastel-washed buildings in your second remind me of scenes of Italy - so beautiful. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What super cards, I love that water bird image!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful cards Julie - love how you used this week's challenge colours to create your background on the first one. Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie, these cards are gorgeous! I love your wading birds for our Challenge this week at Colour Me! Nothing like a day at the beach! The Harbourside card is amazing! Oh, you must have a lot of patience! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie - both your cards are absolutely super. I love the colour washed houses - a very good way to make pink masculine!! Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Love how you softened the colours for this weeks challenge. Thanks for playing with us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love what you've done with the harbour stamp, those pink houses remind me of Tenby. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two gorgeous cards, Wetlands is one of my favourite sets ever!
    Thank you for joining this week's Less is More Challenge, animals.
    Anne
    LIM Designe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just had to comment on your harbourside card - I'm from Tenby and I had no idea there was a stamp out there with our beautiful harbour on it.....have to get this stamp!! Gorgeous card and you've captured Tenby with your colours xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)