Tuesday 8 August 2017

Happy Anniversary

Evening folks.
It's time for another challenge over at HLS Anything Goes with Dies.
Here's my card for your inspiration.


It's over a year now since the inaugural HLS craft retreat. It was a great weekend with lots of crafty time with fellow minded crafters. We all got stuck in and there was lots of swapping of techniques, stamps and dies. My MB Glorious Gardenia got a lot of love and web buying activity amongst some of the attendees and it was this project by Sarah of Sazzle Dazzle Crafts, that inspired this card, together with the latest challenge at CAS Watercolour and Allsorts. We have another coming up in November up in Manchester and I can't wait to see everyone again. I wont get to see everyone as some are attending the Swindon one a week or so later.

I started by making my red panel, using my watercolours and some rock salt. On a piece of HP watercolour paper I washed in a couple of reds and then added the salt crystals. The large crystals of the rock salt absorb the water and some of the colour to create an interesting texture. Don't be too keen to remove the salt as it is best left to dry fully. After carefully removing the salt, I added the die cut Gardenias. I trimmed the panel and then mounted it on a slightly larger panel of black card. 
I struggled with the sentiment as the anniversary sentiment I wanted to use had a different font for the happy and I wanted to use the same, so I decided to hand print it to match up. Using a v pale ink I stamped the Anniversary part then sketched in the happy, then inked over the whole with a black fine liner. It brought back a few memories of teaching the kids to layout printing for posters etc., drawing planing lines and spacing marks.
OK, that's it from me but be sure to check out the rest of the team and join in.


I'm joining in over at:-


Grab our logo
Colours of your flag (England)

16 comments:

  1. that is a beautiful die which made a beautiful card, love your background color
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous watercoloured and salted background, Jules for your die cut gardenias. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background - it's perfect for the die cut in white - so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great die cut for your watercolour background and love the salt speckles. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red inky background really glows through the lovely Rose die, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Julie...Love the background and this die is just gorgeous..Hugs xx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  7. That vibrant sploooooosh of color against that stark white is oh-so-dreamy! Lovely make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful die cut, Julie! And the background is gorgeous! Love the patterns the rock salt left! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your salted background is gorgeous behind that beautiful rose die-cut, Jules. No wonder everyone wanted to try it out and then go buy it! :) Great job with matching the sentiment. Looks perfect! Have a wonderful time at the craft retreat ... November will be here before you know it! And thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and elegant card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauty this turned out to be with that salt BG... Many thanks for playing along at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie, this is a gorgeous card. I love that background - I have to try this salt thing... never have. And that awesome gardenia die placed on top is just fantastic. That bit of black around the salted panel is adhered to is a perfect touch. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree...gorgeous card Julie!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning!! Love the pretty background!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one stunning anniversary make, and I just LOVE the beautiful red background with that pretty white die-cut of flowers! Gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)