Sunday 7 May 2023

Stencil Sunday, Uniko Brand Ambassador Inspiration

Morning, I'm up over at Uniko with this card using Fun Flower Spray stencil and mask combined with Big n Bold happy stamp and die.


We had a bit of a disaster at home over the May Day Bank Holiday, our newly installed fibre optic broadband stuttered and finally failed. According to BT we had a signal to the unit but we needed a technician to visit, they should have it fixed by May 5th!!! Panic ensued as I thought about all my DT posts in the pipeline, a new month is a busy time for me and then, what do I do with all the free time?

So on Sunday, after doing as much housework as I wanted to do on a BH, I went to my room to have a play and ended up with this card.

Pop over to the Uniko blog for all the details.

Anyway as you can tell from this post, the man from Open Reach came, removed DUST from the optical connection, drank a cuppa and left, 30 mins max! Full high speed broadband resumed but the new phones are still pants! Apparently our hub is too far away from the phones for them to work on the WiFi, our old phone line was cut when they installed the fibre cable, not that they were great when it rained, damp in the line apparently. It certainly showed us how reliant we are on the internet these days, even watching TV was curtailed, no Prime or Netflix or iPlayer for us until service was resumed. When I turned on my computer, my inbox was full of rubbish that had accumulated whilst we were offline, stuff I usually delete when I turn it on in a morning!

So have a good rest of the Bank Holiday and get crafting!

Joining in over at:- 
https://beautifulblossomschallenge.blogspot.com/2023/04/anything-goes-florals-with-optional.html

Anything Flowers Goes with Optional Mood Board #4



6 comments:

  1. Nowadays we cannot live without our internet connections! Glad you up and running able to share this lovely card with everyone in Blogland and your Socials. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty this is Julie, such great colours and the design is fantastic. Sounds like you have had a nightmare with the tech, fingers crossed it behaves now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a similar thing happen here ~ horrors! It wasn't all that long, just long enough for me to realize how adrift I was without cable! I do worry about how reliant we all are, all the way to the upper levels of government, but never mind. Back I go, my head in the sand and my fingers crossed for all the world not to come to a screeching halt due to DUST! I love the card you made to take your mind off such worries! It is bright and cheerful and full of hope and springtime! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your project! Thanks so much for joining in this month’s challenge over at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and hope you come join us again!

    lovies, =o) kel
    Beautiful Blossoms DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything is solved now, Julie. It's hard to image how to live without internet nowadays, and don't talk about the new generations ! We have at least this hobby we can practice without internet. And this gorgeous card is the proof of it. I know this stencil and I can tell how much work it is (lot of masking) to colour these beauties in different colours. Love the beautiful design you've made too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright and cheery card to celebrate a birthday with and I love those gorgeous flowers and how you have arranged them around the sentiment. Glad your internet problems were short lived.
    Hope you are well and thanks for sharing with us at ATSM, Jules.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)