Tuesday 30 May 2023

A layered birthday card

Good morning folks, back again, this time for a brand new challenge at Cardz4Guyz
Our new theme is:-

LOTS OF LAYERS (more than 3)

Now as many of you will know, I'm not one who slathers on the layers but for this I've tried really hard!
This is what I finally made, after a little hiccup.


The layout is one I used years ago at a card class, different dies and EF but essentially the same. My first attempt was fine but when I counted up the layers I wasn't sure there were enough, so after a rethink, here's my second attempt. This time I think I've definitely got more than 3! DP, embossed sentiment panel, shaped white panel, yellow frame, grass and finally the little chap.

I'm still determined to use up some of my bits n bobs. The printer is still playing up, so I decided to use some of my myriad of scraps of DP and I have a box full of stamped and printed images in another. This image is one from Molly Bloom, no longer trading I believe, which has been in the box for far too long and the DP is an equally old scrap!

To assemble, I made a 5" square base card from some white card, cut a panel of NitWits DP from the scrap to leave a slight border. A panel of the same white card was embossed with the Cuttlebug EF and glued onto the DP. The die I used for the white panel is one of the first I bought, no idea of make, cut out from white card then cut out a circle from the center. The yellow frame was made from white card and two circle dies, coloured with Copic marker and glued around the aperture. Using the same die as the white panel, I cut a scrap of white card and then used an old MS punch to create some grass which I coloured with a selection of green Copic markers and glued down. Finally the little chap was coloured with more Copics, fussy cut and added to the bottom of the white panel. The finished panel was then added over the 2 base layers on pads.

So what will you make, we'd love to see your masculine creations in our gallery this time. For more masculine inspiration, check out the rest of the team here.

Joining in over at:-
Make it Square

4 comments:

  1. Love your adorable card with that barefoot little guy...that embossed layer is fantastic!! Great layering up...you showed those who decide to play along with us just how to use lots of layers!! It will be fun to see all the layering that get done for our new "lots of layers" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card Julie and lovely layers too. Spooky to see another Molly Blooms stamp so soon after I coloured one up myself for an upcoming Cutie Pie DT card. George I think that little lad is called, always loved his freckles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Julie. The image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. Love your colour choices and fun layers. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great boy's card, Julie and fab layers too...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)