Tuesday 30 May 2023

Introducing Flower Power #4 Stencil

Good morning, I'm here with the first of the introductions for the May Uniko release. Today we are showcasing the new Flower Power #5 stencil.
It's another in Bev's large flower series that coordinates with the Flower Power #5 stamp set. 
Here's what I made with this fab new stencil.


To begin, I took a Post it note and traced one of the heart shapes that make up the stencil with a fine tip marker and cut away the middle to make a mask. Then I placed my white panel under the stencil and placed the mask over the section I wanted to ink through. for this card I used a rainbow of DI colours, Seedless Preserve, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet. The mask allowed me to ink just one section at a time, moving it to the next section after each inking. As the areas overlap, I ended up with a blended rainbow. 

When I'd finished the first layer there was still quite a lot of white showing, so I repeated the inking and masking but placed the masked area of the stencil further from the center of the initial pattern and repeated for each panel. Once completed, I trimmed it down to leave a small border on an A6 base card and die cut the middle out with a circle die. This central disc, I then cut again using a slightly smaller die. My cut down panel was added to a black A6 card base and the now smaller circle replaced in the center leaving a thin black border of base card showing through. I decided to mount my sentiment, Doodled Flowers, on another black circle and a few sequins from the stash complete.

I'll be back tomorrow with another introduction, see you then! Don't forget to check out what the rest of the team have come up with here.

Joining in over at:-

wk 730 - Use a stencil

5 comments:

  1. Love the rainbow inking with clever technique on this, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful rainbow colours and design. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic rainbow card Jules. Great minds and all that!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief, have you had a busy week or what! This is wonderful, I am rather partial to a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love a rainbow image? And the layered effect looks great x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)