Tuesday 16 May 2023

Color Hues #64

Good afternoon peeps. 
We are halfway through the month so we have a new colour combo at Color Hues. Here's my take on the new colour combo.


It was my turn to choose the colours and I wanted to choose a pair that we hadn't had before, quite the task! Anyway I plumped for this pair.


I had in mind to make a card using another of the Uptown girls from Stampingbella but as I'd used one for the last challenge, I decided to use my NEBUS set from MFT, I Knead You.
I thought about the colours and realised that they reminded me of ginger toms, mice and goldfish, so this is what I ended up using here!

On a piece of Copic friendly card, I stamped the cat, mouse and fish, coloured with Copic markers and fussy cut out. The sentiment strip, the same as last month's but so appropriate, was stamped on slate grey and white heat embossed. 
To make the card, I added some dark grey, Lawn Fawn DP from the stash onto an A6 base card then added a panel of white to which I'd inked some Spiced Marmalade DI. The cat and his goodies, did you know all true ginger's are tom cats, were added to the strip before laying it across the panel to complete.

I hope you're inspired by my colours and hope to see your takes in the gallery at Color Hues. For more inspiration, please check out our GD and the rest of the DT on the Color Hues blog.

Joining in over at:-

Stripes

4 legged friends

#50

12 comments:

  1. You've chosen unique colors, Jules, and you've really rocked them with your tabby, mouse, and goldfish! This is a beyond-clever design in every way! I know I used to have a hanging critter and now I'm hoping I haven't given it away because I love the idea of chinning it on the sediment bar! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your card Jules and your color choices too! When I first saw the colors I could only think of Halloween, but ended up with two cards that I absolutely love, so thanks for challenging me! Your little ginger and his mouse and fish all look so cool anchored on your sentiment strip...great design layout! Thanks for such a fun challenge this time around! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your images, your coloring and your background all look terrific! Such a darling card, Julie! I totally enjoyed your color duo and I think the team did too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules your colour duo is so perfect for your sweet tabby and friends (says she, wishing I had thought about ginger toms lol!) I love the glow behind too. I am truly blown away with the fantastic cards the DT have made using these colours. A fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card and a great way to use the challenge colours (awesome choice, BTW!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Julie, your card is soooo fabulous, I was chuckling to myself since I first saw it! What a great design - I mean what kitty wouldn't want a mouse and a fish? I used to have a gray tabby and she brought me lots of mice on the front stoop (sadly) over the years. Your coloring and the ink blending in the background are wonderful. Thanks for the great color combo - I love that your strove for something we hadn't used before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore the kitty hanging from the sentiment strip!!! Kitties and b/w stripes...what's not to love? I really enjoyed these colors Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this fabulous card. The images are so cute and your design is great. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these four legged friends Julie!! Thank you for bringing them along to The Cuties x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie I love the way you coloured the cat, so professional! Super fun and complete with the mouse and the fish! he almost has them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word! How cute is this card! The kitty, mouse and fish are delightful! Love this! I want you to teach me how to copic colour; you create magic with them!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, I was challenged with these colors but the gallery has proved me all wrong, it's filled with fabulous cards and each is so unique! LOVE your darling tabby hanging on to the perfect sentiment. It's a great design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)