Tuesday 26 July 2022

Introducing - Background Blocks Rays

Seconds out, round two!
After yesterday's sneak peeks, I'm back with the first of the introducing posts for the mini July release from Uniko. Today I'm sharing  cards using the new Background Blocks Rays stamp.

My first card is a bonus one. I played around with the BB Rays stamp when I first got it, the stamping or more probably my Versamark pad was a bit off, but I didn't mind the faded texture effect I got, after all it was just a trial piece! Anyway I thought I would turn it into another card as after a few days lieing on my desk it looked fine to use! The die, STAMPlorations I had out for an earlier make and thought I would use up my practice piece, placing  the house in the center of the sunburst rays for a new home card.


My second card, but the first card I made, uses Versamark and clear EP on yellow card again.


This time, I used an old Memory Box die called Calm Countryside for my stamped panel to sit behind. The yellow panel was stamped with Versamark and embossed with clear glossy EP. The image again didn't stamp fully first time, always tricky to see Versamark on coloured card and I really should have stamped again to get a better coverage, however the slightly distressed effect was fine in this context! I've now bought a reinker for my Versamark pad and it's stamping much better!!
My simple greeting is from last month's Sunshine and Rainbows set.

That's all from me today but I'll be back tomorrow with some more of Uniko's July release.

5 comments:

  1. These are fabulous. The first one says rising sunshine and the second one is a field of corn. How great to think of embossing the stamping...something I forget to do these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The suns rays look amazing! I really like how you’ve done these two cards, definitely inspired me! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely sunny samples Julie and the farmer in me reckons the rays could double up as rows of barley straw waiting to be baled!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet cards that show off the sunny rays of summer, Jules. It makes the most fabulous background!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these sunny scenes! Very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)