Friday 1 July 2022

Playing cards with Michele Ferguson

Good afternoon.
Over at Color Hues we have a new colour combination for you but we are also playing along with the wonderful Michele Ferguson - I card everyone, as part of her Playing Cards With ...  series of posts. So without further ado here is my take on the colours and Michele's theme of Stars and or Stripes.



I need to get a wriggle on with my Christmas card stash, so as someone reminded me recently, blue and red make a good Scandinavian Christmas combo. I rooted in my stash of DP and found some red from a Marianne Designs Scandinavian Christmas set and although the blue had been used previously, I found some other suitable in the Christmas DP box!
The stars were punched from the DP and then arranged onto a thin frame of white card, cut from a scrap of card with 2 circle stacked dies. A few small silver gems were added to complete.
The frame for the wreath was cut from some white linen effect card trimmed to leave a border on my A6 base card with a square die and the sentiment from Uniko stamped in red below.

Now it's over to you. You don't need to follow Michele's theme of stars and or stripes just keep it to the Color Hues colours of red and blue. Of course if you want to use Michele's theme then that's perfectly fine too!

There's more red and blue inspiration from the rest of the team here and why not pop over to Michele's blog and say hello too.

Joining in over at:-

10 comments:

  1. What a great way to use these colours Jules - I certainly wouldn't have thought to go festive with them! I love the simplicity of the card and the touches of detail and texture. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie, for showing me how these colors represent a Scandinavian Christmas! Who knew?? LOve your darling wreath of stars! Thanks so much for Playing Cards with me! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design, it would work with snowflakes too, might try and remember this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea to combine the red and blue for a Scandinavian Christmas card! Love that CAS design--I see some more Christmas cards in my future--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too need to start working more on Christmas cards before its upon us. Love your Scandinavian Christmas card! I also love your linen card-stock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that fun wreath!!! Perfect for Christmas!! Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!!

    Nora
    CIC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie your star wreath is so much fun, yes it's time to start working on Christmas cards and yours is inspiring me to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you made a Christmas card using these colors. The star wreath is perfect! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your star wreath for a Scandinavian Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of stars! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge-Kathy DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)