Saturday 16 July 2022

Color Hues #45

Afternoon, time for a new colour combo at Color Hues. Here's my design.



I must say that I found this challenge rather a challenge! It appears that I don't have any peach coloured ink!!! No time to get some, they'll have to go on the shopping list, so I had to think again and came up with a Copic coloured die cut spray of flowers. 
I had to look up the recommended combo for peach and even though there is a Copic called Peach, R32, the recommended set for blending is R00, R11 and R12 with under colouring of BG70, so I went with that, except I don't own an R12!! I improvised with R02 and YR02. The grey I went with C5, C3, C1 and 0, I know it looks a bit purple in the pic but it's definitely grey!!!!! 
The die cuts are from an Altenew set, Rose Flurries, I only used a couple of the blooms along with some leaves and the bud sprig. My background was stenciled using STAMPlorations Dots All Over stencil and Memento Gray Flannel ink to match the leaves. My sentiment banner is made up from a couple of Uniko sets combined.

So where will you go? I had lots of ideas but didn't have the ink to follow through on them but we'd love to see your take in the gallery. 
The DT and our two GDs  have come up with some fab ideas for you if you need the inspiration, check them out here.

Joining in over at:-

  

15 comments:

  1. Well, we had similar problems. I couldn't come up with any Copic combinations that seemed to work. The two ink pads I had seemed too orange, but I finally came up with two Karin watercolor brushes that worked. Your design and your florals are absolutely stunning! The stencil behind the behind the flowers is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and so so elegant, Julie! Your shade of peach is perfect, and I love the layered die cuts. The dots stencil draws the focus to the sweet florals and sentiment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you nailed the peach colour Julie, this is such a gorgeous card, love the stencilling too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. I like the way you used the corner on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too don't have anything peach in my stash and not a marker that matches you did a fabulous job.I love the placement and the die cuts are simply beautiful.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about a perfect solution! I ADORE this die and this card! The peach is spot on! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the colours, I will note them to try as I love copic colouring the peach and grey just perfect together. Absolutely perfect ofr this months challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie this is absolutely stunning! I think your colours are perfect and I will actually try those combinations!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous die cut and copics colored roses and leaves, Julie. Your peach color turned out beautifully. TFS Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful, and I think you did a fabulous job with the peach colouring. I admit, I struggled with getting a peach colour with my copics too and mine is rather more orange!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You nailed the challenge with this beautiful card, Jules. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. An absolutely stunning CAS card Julie, with everything one could want - great design, lots of texture with all the die cut layers, and loads of white space. Peach (and true pinks) seem to be tricky with Copics but you definitely found a great combo. Love how this turned out and I'm so glad you shared with us at The Flower Challenge!

    Stef, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and I love the peach and gray such a great combo. Great design and thank you for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! You made these colors shine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great colour combo and a beautiful design. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)