Wednesday 13 July 2022

Rocking Santa!

 Good afternoon. The temps are a little lower today thank goodness but are set to rocket again by Sunday! The garden needs so much tidying at the moment as things go to seed but it's hard to spend more than 10 minutes at a time out there. 
This morning we spent a pleasant hour at a plant hunters fair and I spent rather a lot! Well I am planting up a new border at the front of the house so that at least I can look at something pretty rather than the weed strewn area belonging to a neighbour! It used to be an area for watering cattle after/ before milking when the farm was in business but we had used it to store tons of cobbles dug up from the old yard during the renovations. I used some of the larger ones to make a border and my OH made the edging of a path through it, from a pallet of old half bricks that had collapsed behind the cobbles!
I started the project last year, so I have managed to plant up part of it already with a few home raised perennials and annuals as well as some garden center alpines. Here's what it looks like after a lot of hard graft but it will be staying this way until the weather is more conducive to planting out! Some of the gravel pile will be used for the brick edged path.

     

Anyway as the sun is beating down and I have time on my hands, I thought I would retreat to my cool craft room and join in over at a couple of challenges with this card.


The team at JUGS want to see rocker cards, the team at ABC Christmas are wanting N for New or O for Old and As You Like it want warm or cold colours, so here is my take!
Santa is an old Sizzix die, the DP is from a pad that I picked up over 10 years ago from the Factory Shop and the sentiment is a die from STAMPlorations, also old, cut from a gold panel that a collegue from work gave me many, many years ago. The red scalloped semi circle was from the bits box, as was the kraft circle. Santa's face was coloured with Copics but I paper pieced his cap with some scrap red card.
Quite a simple card really but fun for a little person.

Joining in over at:-


O is for Old (DP, Dies and gold card)

Favourite, warm or cold colours
Well if Santa's involved then it has to be the warm end of the spectrum, who wants a cold and dreary Santa on their Christmas card!

8 comments:

  1. Julie, What a fun rocker card and what I love best is that Santa is so darling and a bit whimsical. So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls and best of luck finishing your yard in between heat waves. We went to the beach this morning and only lasted an hour. Too hot for this girl. Take care and stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you joined our rocker card challenge this week with that exceptionally adorable Santa! Your red just pops on your card and ties in Santa so well! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie... I am loving your Santa as well as your garden! Both are beautiful. Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card. Front looking lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas card design! This Santa looks so happy! Thanks so much for joining in the party at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I do like a rocker card and that die cut Father Christmas is lovely in his festive warm colours. A perfect entry at AYLI. Wow, your garden is going to look wonderful and worth the hard work Julie. I would dearly love to make ours something special but our hairy kids do like to dig...great big craters and then lie in them to cool down!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is beautiful Jules. I love the cobblestone edging and your brick pathways. Fabulous!!! The planting is well on it's way and will fill in as it grows. I can tell it's a labour of love. And I adore your rocking Santa! What a fun card! Hope working on Christmas cards cooled you down a bit. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great rocker card - love the colours. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)