Wednesday 27 July 2022

Introducing - Tropical Leaf #2 Stencil

Good morning. It's the second day of introducing the new mini release from Uniko.
Today we are showing the second of the Tropical Leaf stencil series, a huge Monstera leaf. Here's how I used it, combing it with the hibiscus flowers from the Paradise set.


I first taped the stencil down over a panel of white card and stamped the solid flowers through it, adding the stigma and leaves after. I washed and dried the stencil then replaced it and added Versamark with a sponge applicator before heat embossing with clear gloss EP. I was now able to add the background colour without it effecting the stamped elements. For a belt and braces approach I also used the mask which comes with the stencil. If you are very careful, I suppose you could get away with just using the mask.
I wanted to have tropical greenery background so used as election of DOx and DI inks to avoid a flat, solid background.
To make the card, I simply cut down the panel, added it to an A6 white note card, added a pre stamped sentiment from my stash (Beautiful and Bee Happy), with a couple of slivers of gold linen effect card.

So that's all for today, but there's lots more over on the BA's and Uniko blogs.
I'll be back tomorrow with the final introduction.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! A really great effect stamping through the stencil. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design! Love the colors and pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)