Monday 20 November 2017

Warm Winter Wishes

Afternoon peeps.
I'm here this afternoon to remind everyone that there is still time to enter this month's CUTplorations challenge. Here is my inspiration card for you.


It's based on this photo.


Last time I used an inked panel for my card and the rest of it was used to make the background for this card. Waste not want not!
I cut it from the panel using the smallest of the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies , then using the Warm Winter Wishes phrase die, I cut away the middle, replacing the purple with a previously cut white one. Saving all the extra bits from my purple panel allowed me to fill in the gaps around the phrase and then for extra depth, I added another die cut in white but this time colouring the dot over the eye with red Copic and some Glossy Accents before glueing it all in place.
I added some extra detail in Wilted Violet DO with the snowflakes in the VIGNETTE-Christmas-Block set. Sadly this is now on the retired list but you may still get it at 50% off!
The finished purple panel was then mounted onto a white rectangle cut with the middle Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies, and a slightly larger pale grey panel before fixing to a white base card.

So what will inspire you? We'd love to see what you make.
Check out the rest of the team here and then join in!

Joining in over at:-

Simply Create Too - CAS

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Julie, I am very tempted by the crazy rectangles and the word dies....well, it is nearly Christmas, what the heck!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)