Tuesday 7 November 2017

Mele Kalikimaka

Morning all. 
The days are certainly getting shorter and the evenings that little bit colder as November takes a hold
and shops are slowly becoming more Christmasy as the Halloween and bonfire night displays are packed away. So the latest challenge over at Cardz4Guyz is quite appropriate -

O CHRISTMAS TREE

Here is my card showing that CAS is one way to go when thinking of  cards for the fellas in your life.


I've used a simple embossed resist technique for this, using Stampendous' World Christmas stamp. On a piece of white card, I stamped with Versamark before heat embossing with a white EP with added glitter. A simple watercolour wash of Mown Lawn DI over the dry panel brings the tree to life.
The trimmed panel was mounted on a scrap of red and then on some fun foam over a plain white base card, simples. This would be great for batch making too.
For more inspiration check out the rest of the team here and why not get going with this years Christmas card stash.

I'm joining in over at:-

my choice is watercolour resist

Grab It     

7 comments:

  1. This has real impact Julie, a great shade of green and I love the narrow red mat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty tree, Julie! Love the Mowed Lawn wash. It would fit at CAS Watercolour! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design Jules ... and like you said, perfect design for a masculine Christmas card. I bet it's so sparkly in real life. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful heat embossed and glittery sentiment Christmas Tree, Julie. Love your watercolour wash too. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Julie! I've never thought of using an intricate image like your tree in the resist technique, and it is spot on GORGEOUS! I love the shading in your green tones, too. Thank you for playing in The Merry Christmas Challenge! I love your wonderful creation and have enjoyed visiting your blog. Hope to see more of your pretty crafting projects in the future. Please check back to see if you have won a badge.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great example of the resist technique and that is a gorgeous tree image.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the white heat-embossing on the green watercolor background - thanks for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)