Wednesday 8 November 2017

Die cut Christmas Scene

Good evening peeps.
It's time for a brand new challenge over at HLS Anything Goes with Dies. As Christmas is fast approaching I thought I would make a Christmas card.


The only thing not die cut on this is the sentiment!

I started by making the trees by stacking various green die cut rectangle frames inside one another on a scrap of paper, then cutting a tree shape with a Sizzix die set. A small scrap of brown was snipped into shape for the trunk. 
The sky was cut using a friends snowflake plate die and then inking with Salty Ocean DI. Snow drifts cut with a Lawn Fawn die filled the bottom of the background. On a separate panel slightly smaller than the base, I die cut another rectangle to create a frame for the scene. The trees were then placed into the snowy scene and a sentiment stamped in black completes.

For more die cut inspiration check out the rest of the team here and why not join in.


Joining in at -

     
                                                        I used a rectangle instead of the oval

14 comments:

  1. Ready to bundle up in my parka, toque, scarf and boots and head out into this amazing winter wonderland! LOVE the trees, the hills and the lightly falling snow! WOW! Die-cuts delightful!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those trees are amazing and so creative! Love all the shades of green and the whole layout is fantastic! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees are just fabulous! The stitched snow drifts tie them in beautifully too. Thanks for joining in with the Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued by your trees, what a clever idea which I'm sure will be copied. Your card has a brilliant smart, modern and stylish look.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card and love you beautiful snowflakes in the background. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Card Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this design! Good to meet you and Di an the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is my sort of paper piecing! Clever use of the dies Julie. Thanks for playing at The Male Room. Great to meet you in real life too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card, those trees are SO clever. Thank you for sharing them with us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your "paper piecing" trees. Fantastic idea and such a beautiful card.
      Thanks for joining in with the Male Room.

      Delete
  10. Wow..Awesome card Julie..Love the trees so much...Simply fantastic...Hugs xx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty card! I love those trees. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)