Monday 20 November 2017

One Layer Watercolour

Hi, I've been absent in blogland lately, what with a new Grandson and the get together organised by Kylie of HLS. We had a grand time catching up with old friends and meeting new crafters for the first time. My gorgeous Grandson has been in my thoughts since his arrival just over 4 weeks ago, Kylie and I were exchanging Nanna photos at the retreat as well!
Anyway I was meaning to share this card last week but with Seb coming to visit with his brother, Mum and Dad, I forgot so here it is now.


After seeing the fab watercolour cards my Mimi on the Penny Black site, I was encouraged to have a go at using that watercolour style.
This street lamp is a really old Flowersoft stamp that reminds me of the lamp post graveyard we passed on the way to the bus stop after visiting my Grandma as a young girl. All the old gas lights were slowly being replaced by electric ones in the older parts of Sheffield, the Victorian ones not converted were destined to be dumped in the councils street furniture depot!
The tree stamped three times is from a Penny Black set and the greeting was free with a magazine last year.

Joining in over at:-

Please grab our logo
One Layer Christmas card

11 comments:

  1. Blimey Julie you are on a roll today!! This is lovely too, the colours are superb and I love the lamp post. I bet little Sebastian is growing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... gorgeous card Jules. You are so talented, especially inspired by your watercoloured cards! Congrats on the new grandson ... I'm VERY behind on visiting so hadn't read the fantastic news. Thanks for sharing your beauty with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love the richness of the glow from the lamp, the blue of the winter sky, and the shading on the snowy ground. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TFS your beautiful street light Christmas scene, Julie. A Big Congratulations to becoming a Nana to an adorable grandson. TFS your CAS Watercolour too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic scene you have created and you have combined old and new stamps beautifully, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations with your super creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, fantastic watercolouring, love the dreamy watercolour washes. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome scene. Beautiful.
    Thank you for joining at stamping Sensations this month

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful, winter scene, Julie! I love the glow of the gas light! Congratulations on your new grandson and thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made a beautiful winter scene in lovely colours. Very elegant! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)