Wednesday 29 November 2017

HLS Stockport

Hi peeps.
Just stopping by to share a card I made at the latest Happy Little Stampers retreat in Stockport, England, earlier this month.
It was so good to meet up with old blog friends and meet new ones. We even had one older lady who just Googled craft in Manchester and joined us for a little crafting fun on the back of the result. She knew no one but was quite happy to sit and chat and learn some new techniques from out leader Kylie! She said she would never do anything unless she went out of her way to meet new people, what a fabulous attitude she had. Anyway if you get the chance to join a HLS retreat soon you wont be on your own, and wherever it is based you'll have a fab time, we all did!
One of the projects we made was a light up card using Chibitronics LED lights. They are so easy to use once you get your head around where the lights need to be.
This is the second one I made using just one little light.


You can see from the left inset pic that to light up the card you press the middle of the greeting. It shows up really well in the dark as you can see from the right hand inset.
Kylie has done a YouTube demo here, so if you are interested just pop over there for all the boring circuit details!
My snowflake die was from Sweet Dixie and the sentiment is from Uniko.

Now three of the ladies from Less is More were at the retreat and although we didn't know their latest challenge is very appropriate! You kept that secret very well indeed ladies!

Joining in over at:-

    
   
The electricity goes round the circuit to light the bulb!

20 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is stunning! I really want to make a card that lights up now!

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schitterende kaart Jules
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing all lit up, pretty fabulous anyway! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not too far from Stockport - would love to have been able to come along - hopefully I might make it to one at some point in 2018 - on my wish list! Great card and a brilliant idea (no pun intended!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowflake is beautifully detailed Julie, and I like how you backed it with blue, and of course how it lights up!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that's amazing about the LIM challenge and the ladies all keeping the secret! And that's amazing about the brave lady who just popped by! I want to be that adventurous and brave! Well, wait, I guess I did go all the way to England all by myself to spend 20 days with 60 ladies I'd never met before!! Still can't believe I did it, but if I hadn't, I never would have had the pleasure of meeting you! Wait. What? This isn't a private email?

    Well, then I'd best get down to business! Your light-up snowflake is a treat, Jules!! This new trend is going to cause lots of happy smiles around mailboxes this holiday! Thanks for linking to CASology!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh! Now where have I seen that card before!!! Absolutely adorable Julie, so charming, elegant and sophisticated and it lights up a treat so perfect for our challenge. Sharon was the brainbox on the retreat that had all the upcoming challenges in her head! Just a coincidence to be honest but so thrilled you've shared your light up beauty with us this week at Less is More and hope all well with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card Julie, it looks fantastic all lit up!! What a wonderful lady she must be to pitch up and join in...I wish I had the nerve!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Julie ! Love how the snowflakes shines in the dark, and moreover in blue ! By the way it is a gorgeous snowflake and a beautiful CAS card ! I can read that you all have had a wonderful time at the retreat, may be next time I'll try to join ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to say that those light up cards made at the HLS retreat (I was at the Swindon retreat) were simply PERFECT for the LIM challenge this week

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of the inlaid snowflake! Thanks for joining us at MCV!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, Julie. Very cool with the light too. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing card. Love you pretty snowflake which looks lovely light up

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply fab Jules! The bold big snowflake and simple color scheme are simply CAS perfect. So glad you joined us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! What a perfect die for one of these light up cards and what a special treat someone will get this Christmas!!! What's the name of that die?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great CAS design and the light looks so neat behind the snowflake :) Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the design and the colors of your card. But the light definitely gives it extra pizzazz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning looking card, love this die cut you have used and the blue behind it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)