Tuesday 7 November 2017

Berry Kissed

Evening all.
It's time for a brand new challenge over at ATSM, this week it is -

MAKE YOUR MARK

So your project needs to be coloured, stamped, embroidered or even drawn by you. What will you do? I went down the coloured route for thsi watercolour style Christmas card.


I bought this Penny Black stamp at Port Sunlight last month. I've wanted to try this style of w/c effect stamp for awhile and chose this Berry Kissed stamp because of it's versatility. I could be coloured in different ways from autumnal to winter tones.
I tried to use it first without my Misti but didn't get a good look, so perhaps you do need one to be able to over stamp to get the correct depth of colour. The Misti makes it so much easier!
There are lots of examples online about how to use these type of stamps so I won't bore you with the details here, suffice to say that after finishing the sprig of berries, I carefully washed in a mixture of Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch and then before it was fully dry sprinkled chunky white EP (Stampendous Frantage, chunky white embossing enamel) over the top then heated it to set it. The dampness holds onto the EP so when you put your heat gun on it doesn't blow away! The end result is a snow like effect. The panel was then trimmed down and as I didn't want to stamp on the finished panel, added a vellum wrap embossed with my sentiment in gold.
So for more inspiration pop over to the main ATSM page and go Make Your Mark.

I'm joining in over at:-

    


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Julie, you have used that stamp to perfection. Didn't make it to Post Sunlight this year, feeling deprived !

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fab card and you've really done the stamp justice. I have a Misti, but forget to use it. Like you, I've found it is great for precision and depth of colour. Sam x (acraftingniche.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks stunning Julie - I'd love it if you could show me how to do it over the weekend!Only 2 more sleeps.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeutiful card Julie. So very Christmasy. Gorgeous stamp. Love the background, the snow and the vellum Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooow
    my I ask you what is chunky white distress EP?Is it Embossing powder?
    and how you added it? no Stencil used? woooww
    I must learn how to give this white snow effect on a card
    it looks Stunning Miss Jules..
    Love all on this card!!
    its mine :) if its not send to your friend...hehe LOL
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. GASP! Breath taken away at your stunning work of art! The berries and leaves, the sky, the flakes of snow...oh my stars! In love! Wish I lived closer so I could come for 'how to' lessons! Once again, dazzled by your creativity!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome watercolour effect using the penny black stamp, love the depth of colour and the sprinkle of chunky embossing powder. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is such a gorgeous watercolour tableau you've created, theres a beautiful vintage feel to it too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW ... this is gorgeous Jules! Beautiful watercolouring. Love the snow and the vellum banner! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful watercoloured berries, Julie! Thanks for the tip about sprinkling the Frantage on the damp watercolour. You got a wonderful feeling of snow! I always have trouble keeping it in place while I heat! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercoloured!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be still my heart. It's that "snow" that takes this card SO OVER THE TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a pretty watercoloured card...lovely.
    Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS WATERCOLOUR CHALLENGE!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)